What's new

Recommend a microadjust seatpost

CoffinDodger

Speeding Up
Dec 4, 2008
...available in 31.6. Had a Trutativ post in the old bike, which worked fine, same again? or anything you would recommend? 400mm will work for me.

Thomson are very good; really well made and strong. I've used them for years on my mountainbikes.

I've got a spare 31.6 / 400 kicking around (just changed frames). Will post (ahem) it up on the classifieds tonight.

AW.

3rd this - I have the Thomson - best post I ever had / have.

Thomson are very good; really well made and strong. I've used them for years on my mountainbikes.

I've got a spare 31.6 / 400 kicking around (just changed frames). Will post (ahem) it up on the classifieds tonight.

AW.

Yeah, Thomson.

I run a poncy carbon / titanium Deda thing, but I would run a Thomson any time.

never tried one( a Thompson) but have never had issues with any of the seat posts I use. $30 or $130 they all hold the seat on pretty well.

Why I really like the Thomson:

1) It has an almost knurled surface which grips the seatube and clamp, thus it requires less clamping pressure to keep from slipping.
2) For alloy post its really quite light.
3) The microadjustment actually microadjusts.
4) Broad seat rail clamp that is suitable for either carbon or alloy rails.
5) Super strong and will virtually never fail. I've NEVER heard from anyone breaking this post.
6) It doesn't fly into a dozen pieces when you try to mount your saddle.
7) Low profile mount so it fits any saddle.

I think Alan said he's posting one in the classifieds. Not cheap, but worth it - especially if you are using alot of extension on the post. Make sure your seattube size - many Alloy and Carbon frames use 31.6 mm seatpost. Older bikes tend to use smaller seatpost diameter. Also - the Elite comes in setback and non-setback style. If you have a smaller frame with tight reach - then the setback is great. Gives you a ton of adjustment potential.

Tim I'm sold. Not cheap are they.

Back
Top Bottom