What's new

Ride Friday 6th - Hills'N'Home

Nice ride out and back today. About 2,000 metres elevation and 170 km in total ridden. Started raining lightly just as we got out of the mountains. Route was Wada (East), Kobu Tunnel (South), then up to Tomin and back down. A classic route with Fuji views and little traffic. I was just happy to get out of Tama.

Last edited:
Yes, great ride, the valleys out that way are wonderful and I was lucky to have a knowledgable guide. Thank you Grant T.
Wada was a steep little valley climb. Over fairly quickly though. The ride as soon as we got into the hills was basically up or down. A lot of it I was seeing for the first time.

The cloud cover kept the temps down and the descent down tomin was a little chilly.

After we got out of the mountains we got a little rain and I slogged it out through Tokyo in light rain enduring passive aggressive San and his driving antics every few blocks.

Anyway very glad to get home and tuck into some watermelon. The legs held strong throughout the ride but my back was feeling it by the end.

170km 2300m of good times!

Back
Top Bottom