What's new

Help The Helpful Thread

If your eyes aren't too bad check out high street chain JINS.

They do prescription sports sunglasses. Different coloured lenses to choose from. I chose a tint that is good for dark and daylight sun.

I've been more than happy with them and they are probably the cheapest option out there.

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Does anyone know where I can get some rubber grommets that could fit into the holes in my frame for cables? Particularly the front derailleur wire hole.
As my frame is jam packed with High techory I think it might be best to seal off this hole from water entering.

Thanks in advance!

That's what I was thinking. There is that place in Akihabara, they should be able to help.

Does anyone know where I can get some rubber grommets that could fit into the holes in my frame for cables? Particularly the front derailleur wire hole.
As my frame is jam packed with High techory I think it might be best to seal off this hole from water entering.

Thanks in advance!

My suggestion is to measure the hole diameter and order on amazon

Just curious: how often do you guys repack your hubs? I've had my wheels for a season now and i'm wondering whether I should learn to do it or hand it off to y's or something.(how much is it btw?)

stock hubs on the prebuilt bike.

Fハブ FORMULA Cartridge Bearing 24H
Rハブ FORMULA Cartridge Bearing 28H

Thanks for the help.

I actually just want something to tinker with to remedy the itch since I just did full on maintenance last weekend in preparation for this season.

I couldn't find a specific thread or any information their website about walk-in sales at cycly. There is only a section for getting a quote on a bike online. Does anyone know if it's realistic to walk in there with a load of old stuff (I'm talking shoes, kit, parts and other bits and pieces) and saying hey guys buy this? Any help appreciated.

Popped in today and answered my own question. I was maybe over ambitious with my estimates but wow they went in low.
Yeah, don't expect to get rich selling 2nd hand stuff to 2nd hand shops. I've heard they offer peanuts for even very good stuff.

Does anyone have experience shipping bikes from Japan to US? The size restrictions on the boxes for JP Post are quite restrictive so I'm not use if I can use it. I'm trying to look for other options if there are.

Cheers!

Ordered a couple of Lifeline road race tyres from wiggle.

The one single review I found raves about how nice these tyres are. Anybody with experience with these?

Maybe I'll post a review once they arrive and I get some mileage on them.

truing question: Do you guys true your own wheels? After 5000kms, I found out that my rear wheel is very slightly out of true when I fit the new lifeline tyres I got from wiggle..

I can do most of the fundamental repairs and tune ups but truing is something that I have never attempted before. I've watched a couple of how-to-videos but I still don't feel too confident in messing with my wheel. What are the chances that I fuck up a perfectly ok wheel on my first try in truing ?

If I do fuck it up, it gives me an excuse to get a new shiny pair though....

Last edited:
Chances of fecking up your wheels very low. Worst case they will be more out of true and you pay a shop to do it but for that repair cost you could buy a truing stand and do a very good job yourself. I advise the latter.

Whenever I true my wheels I turn the nipples in very small increments, about 1/4 to 1/8 of a turn at a time. Less chance of mistakes and It also makes fine tuning much easier. Hope this helps. Next stop, building your own set of wheels :)

I'm looking to upgrade my wheelset at the moment. I've been running Fulcrum Racing 7s for a year now and while they have served me very well, it's time to move on to something better. Any advice for an all-purpose wheelset with a Campagnolo drivetrain for around 60,000 yen? So far Zonda looks good, which is on sale on Wiggle for around 35,000.

time for the n+1 rule. Finally got her to say yes for us to get 2 touring rigs. Do any of you guys know where to get touring bikes reasonably priced? (in the range of10万円) I'm hoping for mech disc brakes and at least rear racks already included.

The trek 720 seems ideal(discs + racks already there) but it sells for 150k or so., the panasonic POS bikes seem overpriced at 170k with only downtube shifters and canti brakes. are there any other real options?

found a couple of bikes on that might be ok on cycly, but I'm really looking at cycly bikes as a last resort.

time for the n+1 rule. Finally got her to say yes for us to get 2 touring rigs. Do any of you guys know where to get touring bikes reasonably priced? (in the range of10万円) I'm hoping for mech disc brakes and at least rear racks already included.

The trek 720 seems ideal(discs + racks already there) but it sells for 150k or so., the panasonic POS bikes seem overpriced at 170k with only downtube shifters and canti brakes. are there any other real options?

found a couple of bikes on that might be ok on cycly, but I'm really looking at cycly bikes as a last resort.
This ? Not disc but a pretty decent touring bike for the price.
http://www.giant.co.jp/giant16/bike_datail.php?p_id=00000081

don't know how I couldve missed Giant. I'll take a look at giant too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom