What's new

Fantasy Giro d'Italia 2016

My riders are dropping like flies!

The rest are flying like dopers!

Last edited:
Well there goes my Velogames campaign, haha. I really should have put Jungels in my team; he's riding such an amazing Giro.

Yeah, Landa at 24 points, the most expensive choice. Oh well the domestiques
are gonna have to pick up the pace. Uuuuuh, history calls...

How to dispose of empty shot bottles
P1PFo9l.gif

Last edited:
Jungels taking a hell of a pull for my team over a couple of lean stages. After a strong start we are definitely not pulling a PDM at the 1991 Tour de France, so don't look that up. Nothing to see here.

The coverage showed the Vini Fantini rider throwing an empty shot bottle back into the middle of the peloton, then went to an ad break, and came back to show half the peloton on the tarmac. I was wondering what happened to the empty bottle, so it kind of looked like the VF rider caused it. The gif obviously doesn't convey it very well.

My team is imploding. Help me Joe Dombrowski, you're my only hope.

**edit: Dombrowski mysteriously called back from the winning group to "help" Uran, who may or may not still have a pulse. Which one of you bought off the Cannondale DS?

Last edited:
He still thinks he has a stage win to come, I'm not so sure. Time is running out for all those who say they've been saving their legs for a win in the last week and with stages 19 and 20 looking like decisive GC stages I don't know if a break will stay away. Today could be a chance but the 2nd tier sprinters want their time in the sun now that the big boys have gone home, could Ulissi bag me some more points today or tomorrow?

300 points clear in the TCC league and a lot of pundits say Kruijswijk will take home the trophy if nothing drastic happens. I have a suspicion Chaves will open the tank on stage 20 to make up for his silly mistake yesterday and get himself on the podium while the shark weeps salty tears on the Astana team bus.

He still thinks he has a stage win to come, I'm not so sure. Time is running out for all those who say they've been saving their legs for a win in the last week and with stages 19 and 20 looking like decisive GC stages I don't know if a break will stay away. Today could be a chance but the 2nd tier sprinters want their time in the sun now that the big boys have gone home, could Ulissi bag me some more points today or tomorrow?

I know what you mean, but it seems like he was caught out mentally rather than physically yesterday. The climbs to come suit him better and he'll be fresher than the GC dudes. Easy to see him or Firsanov (to name two of my guys) or maybe a Sky rando getting away with the likes of Chaves in a "you take the stage, I take GC time" scenario, but we'll see.

In any case, @Musashi13, I am absolutely loving this race.

So I missed out on the league but can say, without doubt, that this has been my favourite grand tour for years.

Kind of like Leicester City running away with the Premier League unexpectedly, Kruijswijk being up there has really enlivened the racing scene to me.

Seems somehow less tactical than usual and more about man and machine; maybe that's a misconstrual on my part but...

It's a good one. The big team domination hasn't been a thing in this race, we've gotten used to seeing that and it's nice to get back to a toe to toe match up.

You're right @koya_hijiri there are many who've been flying under the radar, who on paper, could/should take a stage. Let's sit back and enjoy the show :)

Back
Top Bottom