What's new

Ride Monday Meander

sorry i skipped right to the most recent post... soo i think i should be fine with what you described (cant promise i show up though so dont wait for me... still jetlagged and in a weird schedule) I have a visitor sim and can navigate home no problem. Last concern is the gearing for the climbs. Im on a single ring up front with a 11-36 cassette in the back and 40/44 in the front. Currently i have the 44 mounted. Should i switch to the 40? What do you think?

probably be fine with the 44... meeting place is still Y`s Road Fuchu? Its about 30-40k along the river for me from ota before start... so its a gamble on when to start etc. Its no problem if it doesnt work out in the end... doesnt hurt to try though.

@paul_berlin Yes that is right, 44 should work. Meeting place is Ys road Fuchu, right along the river. For me I am about 10km away from the start and it takes 1/2 hour. But I also know the way. You are new so it may take quite a while I think. You might want to consider taking the train. Although you need a bike bag for that and I do not know when the first train starts. If you are an early bird, thinking on the road between 3:00 and 3:30 for a 5:00 am meeting should be okay. Be great if you can make it. Great rides where we go. Good way to see another part of Japan.

Thank you for your replies and recommendations. I will see if i can catch enough sleep before and then decide. If there is indeed a cycling road along the river that will be the best option as this is to early for trains and the red lights are annoying and it seems everybody stops at red lights here ?! I have Line now i will send you my id in a pm.

@paul_berlin for sure along the river. There is a nice path up the river all the way to Ys Road. But also early on a sunday morning no traffic and you can blow through the lights. Which is one of many reasons why we go so early in the morning. Sent you a PM by the way.

Good ride and great seeing a couple of new faces, @ChrisWa you'll be flying up those hills before you know it :) not a bad route either, not many traffic lights and a couple of moderate climbs.

Thanks, guys! Really enjoyed the "new Dad's ride" a lot and I will definitely join up again when I can. Legs were a little rustier than I thought but that didn't stop me from enjoying it and the route was great. Cheers!

The forecast is for rain this Sunday so ride CANCELLED ;(

We had a good ride last week so I'll have a crack at the same route this week. All welcome of course, but be ready to do some drafting on the way out and some moderate climbing. If you want to join then post a message below. (Chaetophobia warning - some hairy legs may be involved in this ride.)

Meeting Place: Y's Road Fuchu
Meeting Time: 5:00 am, Sunday, July 31st
Distance: ~100km
Total Climb: ~1,800+m

Route:

Last edited:
Hang on a minute. I read in another thread that this Sunday morning cock o'clock ride was rather advanced. The photo above quite clearly contradicts this. I count at least three pairs of hairy legs!!! Can the TCC admins see to it that this ride thread be instantly demoted to "beginner ride" like it quite clearly is. Thanks :)

Hang on a minute. I read in another thread that this Sunday morning cock o'clock ride was rather advanced. The photo above quite clearly contradicts this. I count at least three pairs of hairy legs!!! Can the TCC admins see to it that this ride thread be instantly demoted to "beginner ride" like it quite clearly is. Thanks :)
I've been telling them to shave. It ain't advanced until shaven. But they just don't listen.

The forecast is for rain this Sunday so ride CANCELLED ;( Unfortunately this also means that @leicaman will need to find an alternative arrangement for his chaetophobia exposure therapy session :)

Chaetophobic is my middle name.

The deal is, you buy a Gillette...... Put it to good use, and then I'll let you come ride with us up Shiraishi. With the hair, you'd be lucky to break one hour. Smooth and silky, and I reckon you'd be in the low 20's

Chaetophobic is my middle name.

The deal is, you buy a Gillette...... Put it to good use, and then I'll let you come ride with us up Shiraishi. With the hair, you'd be lucky to break one hour. Smooth and silky, and I reckon you'd be in the low 20's
They are folically challenged. Shaving is where it's at man! LOL

Ok, so I'll have another crack at this route this week. A few tweaks, less traffic lights, slightly more climbing. All welcome of course, be ready to do some drafting on the way out and some moderate climbing. If you want to join then post a message below.
@ChrisWa , @Kohei Matsuda wadayareckon?

Meeting Place: Y's Road Fuchu
Meeting Time: 5:00 am, Sunday, August 7th
Distance: ~100km
Total Climb: ~2000m

Route:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom