What's new

Ride Monday Meander

Great ride yesterday, some wonderful mountain views on that route and lots of quiet winding roads. One small spill on one of the slippery descents but thankfully no serious injuries. Some properly steep sections on the final climb near Akiyama CC and a fair amount of leaf litter and rocks on the road around the back of Akiyama CC. All in all a great route and of course outstanding company!
4962802128834.jpg
4962804750949.jpg

Talking of Takahata-Fudo, I dropped by there early yesterday morning (to get a new Kotsu Anzen mamori thingy) and as it was a beautiful
morning I took a photo of the pagoda and sent it to the (still sleeping) women of the family, with the title "Takahata Fudo". About 30
minutes later (conbini break in Somechi) I noticed many missed calls and a message along the lines of where the heck are you. I checked
my phone to find that iPhone had auto-corrected my title to "Yamagata Fido".........

Hi guys quick question.

If you live a fair way from the Fuchu area and you take the train to the area to hit the hills. If you bring a bag with clothes, shoes etc, what do you do with the bag when you ride? Is there a spot where you guys can dump your stuff when you ride?

I want to do Fuchu-Fuji return but to do it from inner Tokyo might stretch me. If I had somewhere I could dump the bag etc, then I can train out to the area, get changed etc, dump the bag, do my Fuji return and train home....

Any ideas?

Hi guys quick question.

If you live a fair way from the Fuchu area and you take the train to the area to hit the hills. If you bring a bag with clothes, shoes etc, what do you do with the bag when you ride? Is there a spot where you guys can dump your stuff when you ride?

I want to do Fuchu-Fuji return but to do it from inner Tokyo might stretch me. If I had somewhere I could dump the bag etc, then I can train out to the area, get changed etc, dump the bag, do my Fuji return and train home....

Any ideas?

We do not use bags for our rides on Sunday. But most do have train bags. They are quite small and pack easily into a jersey when not using it.

Otherwise, you could find a station with lockers and put your gear you don't need in the locker. That is one idea, but you need to know which stations have lockers as not all do.

Also you might want to post your questions as a separate thread and get more ideas and responses. This thread is for a specific ride on Sunday, not an open topic thread.

Here's our offering for this week: Dohyodake + Takaosan, we'll start from Y's, snake our way up the river path then hit R169 for a little drafting. After that it's up Dohyodake, over to Uenohara CC and then the final climb, Takaosan. We'll probably stop at the 7-11 at about the 66km mark and refuel or elsewhere as needed. Mostly quiet roads with the exception of part of the return journey on R20, a couple of good climbs and some fun undulating hills along the way. As per usual, drafting on the flat and straight, and WATT for climbs.

All welcome of course, post below if you want to join.

Start time - 5:00 am, Sunday October 2nd
Start Location - Ys Road Fuchu (along the Tamagawa)
Distance from start ~100km
Climbs ~ 2000m

Route:

Looks like we're gonna get wet or at least soggy on Sunday. Heading out to Enoshima from Hino. Pretty flat most of the way with plenty of conbinis, some duel use paths and hopefully not too much traffic. Light rain - we'll ride. Heavy rain - stay in bed. If you wanna join post below.

Meeting Time: 6:00am, Sunday October 9th
Meeting Place: Y's Road Fuchu
Distance:
~110km
Climb: not much

Route:

Last edited:
I like the idea of a "duel" use path.......
40467b7b06345a24a6479375eba96c7c.jpg

Reactions: PSB
Looks like rain. One of us bowed out, but two of us are still meeting at 6 am at Ys Road in Fuchu along the Tamagawa. PM if you wanna join us. Depending on the rain, we will either do some speed work or go out for a 100 km +.

The Akiyama ride was sweet last time so we're gonna do a modified version of that route this Sunday. There's a conbini stop at about 46km on the route, lots of cool scenery and some choice weather. Sealed surfaces all the way but some potholes and the usual mountain road debris. Post below ifyawannajoin!

Meeting Time: 5:00am, Sunday, October 16th
Meeting Place: Family Mart near Takahatafudo Station, Keio Line
Distance: ~110km
Climb: ~2300m

Route:

Brilliant ride yesterday. Quiet mountain roads with plenty of climbing. A couple of new roads for our trio, this one is highly recommended, good road surface with plenty of up and quiet forest surrounds. This section has quite a lot of debris on the road but is still navigable.
50647520760731.jpg
@Kohei Matsuda and @TokyoLiving proving that good company is the key to a great ride.
5065485951439.jpg
Oh, the pain...time for 28mm tyres :)

Brilliant ride yesterday. Quiet mountain roads with plenty of climbing. A couple of new roads for our trio, this one is highly recommended, good road surface with plenty of up and quiet forest surrounds. This section has quite a lot of debris on the road but is still navigable.
View attachment 14715
@Kohei Matsuda and @TokyoLiving proving that good company is the key to a great ride.
View attachment 14716
Oh, the pain...time for 28mm tyres :)
Not sure who is who, but the guy in blue looks dressed for winter, whereas the guy in yellow looks like he is dressed for summer ;)

We're heading to Shiraishi this Sunday, starting at Y's Road Fuchu, up Tama river, avoiding most of the traffic lights and then North from Higashi Oume and up into the mountains. There will be a few new roads for us so no guarantees about road conditions but based on Google Street view it seems like sealed surfaces all the way with several narrow winding forest roads.
If you want to meet enroute then we can probably sort out a meeting time. Post below as per usual.
At the moment it looks like myself and @TokyoLiving so far.

Meeting Time: 5:00am, Sunday October 23rd
Meeting Place: Y's Road Fuchu
Distance:
~135km
Climb: ~2000m

Route:

We'll reach the start of the Shiraishi segment at about 8. We can meet up along the way, post a Google maps link and we'll catch you there.

We'll reach the start of the Shiraishi segment at about 8. We can meet up along the way, post a Google maps link and we'll catch you there.
Ah! Just remembered that you guys ride on Sundays. Even if you ride Saturdays , I think 8am at Shiraishi would be rather too early for the guys I ride with (like 3 hours too early ;) ).

Ah! Just remembered that you guys ride on Sundays. Even if you ride Saturdays , I think 8am at Shiraishi would be rather too early for the guys I ride with (like 3 hours too early ;) ).
Ok, no worries, let us know if you change your mind. It'd be cool to go for a spin together sometime.

Yes it would be good to go for a spin with the other guys and drop em like a hot potato! :glasses: d'oh!
You do know that was meant to motivate you to come and ride with us only not as a challenge?

Back
Top Bottom