What's new

Tech Peugeot RSR 02 Derailleur Hanger

wexford

Maximum Pace
Jul 3, 2012
I've a Peugeot RSR 02 in Ireland with a bent derailleur hanger. I'm planning on cycling it when I am home in October so I'll probably take it to a shop to get it straightened but before I do I want to make sure I have at least 1 spare going forward. 2 is better.

Problem is that bike shop in town even though Peugeot lists it as a dealer say that Peugeot went out of biz years ago. Well. yeah, but... Anyway, I figured I could source one on the net or here in Japan. Been looking around for a few days now eye balling different hangers on some of the big sites but I've yet to find a match. Peugeot doesn't seem to list any dealers in Japan on their website and yet the source of this bike was Japan.

Poking google for some leads I found this company "cycleeurope" has some Peugeots listed on its site and it apparently has some dealers also.

http://www.cycleurope.co.jp/dealer/dealer_store_list.php?area=2#13

Anyone seen Peugeots in the shops? Maybe calling into a dealer is my best bet to get this part. Might try calling the cycleeurope crowd tomorrow also. What's the Japanese for derailleur hanger?

In case anyone knows some good derailleur hanger sites, I thought I'd throw up some photos here also which my sister took.
.IMG_4385.jpgIMG_4386.jpgIMG_4387.jpg

You would think so. But I've been through that site twice already but came up blank. Amazing how many kinds there are.

Wheels Manufacturing in USA and BETD in UK might be able to help you. I've never understood why there are soooooo many types; one or two would cover most applications. Seems purposely designed to piss off people.

Thanks. I was on the WM before but turned up empty. BETD sure don't make searching easy. I think I'm good though with the soshanger one that Robert found.

Will update if the hanger fits or not in case anyone else out there with the same frame finds this thread.

Quick update. The hanger arrived last week. Looked exactly like the old one. My dad put it on the bike but then for some reason had trouble getting the rear wheel on ??? Anyway - he decided to take it into the LBS and apparently its all working now and runs through all the gears. No clue why he would have trouble getting the wheel on but thankfully all sorted. So thanks again and I'll be ordering another once I get home and check the bike out for myself. YEAH:tup

I am exactly in the same situation... Peugeot RSR02 with a bent derailleur hanger and soshanger is out of stock. :(
I don't suppose you have ordered some extra just in case a fellow rider needs one for his RSR02? ;)

Last edited:
I am exactly in the same situation... Peugeot RSR02 with a bent derailleur hanger and soshanger is out of stock. :(
I don't suppose you have ordered some extra just in case a fellow rider needs one for his RSR02? ;)

Wow. Well I was planning on getting two but I actually wanted to go home first and check out my bike myself to ensure everything was working correctly before getting a spare. Hopefully they will be in stock again soon for you. If its only bent you might be able to straighten it at a good bike shop that has the correct tools for the job and knows what he is doing. There is a chance they can break when they do this though but if its the first time and the bend is not so bad, it should be ok.

Yeah, you are right... they are miles apart.
Well, I sent a letter to soshanger. Also sent a letter to these guys www.schaltauge.com and got very quick reply which is not too encouraging but gives hope:

"Sehr geehrte/r Janis,
thank you for your email. Never seen before. I will search. "

Fingers crossed...

An update on my order of http://www.schaltauge.com/Rear-Derailleur-Hanger-542

It all went without a hitch. It arrived in a post 4 days later. It fits perfectly my RSR02. I am happy! :D

A word of warning on replacing old derailleur.

Thread at the end of the both small screws holding old derailleur was damaged by QR, so when I unscrewed them, they damaged thread on the hanger. When screws were out I cut off the damaged part (about 0,5 mm off the end of the screw).

Back
Top Bottom