What's new

Ride Yokosuka Area. Official Ride Thread.

bloaker

Sincerely A Dick
Nov 14, 2011
Saturday Morning Rides in the Yokosuka Area -

I ride the Miura Peninsula pretty much every Saturday morning with 'Team RWB'. At a minimum, ride a loop of 60km. Sometimes several riders want a little more, so we head out 134 west when we hit Zushi.

For anyone in the Zushi/Kamakura/Hayama/Yokosuka area - this is a fun loop that has you home well before lunch. Depending on the weather and mood, we often stop at Starbucks in Hayama or Barefoot Cafe in Zushi for coffee and some social time.

Rolling speeds are between 32-38km on the flats. I suck at climbing (seriously), so the pace drops considerably when inclines are above 4%. Those that are fast continue to the top and wait for the stragglers. Those that are slower just suffer through it, but know we will regroup and continue on with no egos.

Last week in the wind, two of us headed out and this is what we did.
http://www.strava.com/activities/199826502

sometimes we change it up and head to Oiso like this...
http://www.strava.com/activities/257690608

Drop the following in a google search for the meet up spot.

35.283072, 139.668778

Currently we are starting at 0700, but as summer rolls in and the temps get warmer, it will possibly change to 0600 to beat the heat.

Last edited:
Looks like I will be heading out again this Saturday if anyone wants to join. 0700. Just give me a heads up if you are planning on meeting us.

I'm in, appreciate you putting the word out. I've ridden this route before and the weather looks perfect.

Question: do you all ride six inches off each other wheels? That is not my preference and I am not very good at it. Most of the time when I am riding with guys from the base we spread out. . .

We do a mix. This route is "organized" in that we meet and roll together, but not serious in the sense we line up nose to tail and hammer from beginning to end.
A couple people we ride with prefer to be spaced out and a couple work together to take rolling breaks in a draft.
So - if you don't want to jump on a wheel (and I wouldn't want to unless I have ridden with those guys before) - absolutely not a problem.

We are just out for some fun and exercise on a Saturday morning and take no joy in dropping someone who showed up.
So no pressure riding situation.

Good Ride this morning, thanks for joining in Eric.

And just like last week.... Same place, Same time, probably the same loop - but possibly a little extension on the end for a tad more mileage.

I will not be able to make the ride tomorrow due to family obligations.
Hopefully the other riders will still make it.
I should be back on the normal Saturday routine next week!

0700 Womble Gate 7/11 this Saturday for those interested. The weather is iffy - but hopefully we can beat the rain.

Today is a rainout. Possible reschedule for tomorrow.

It is looking like it might rain through the early morning and then dry out before sunrise. I am certainly down for a good ride. . .

Sounds good. 0700 Womble 7/11.
May just be the two of us, but better than solo.
Trying to convince others to come out and play.

Hello! My name is Ken. Can I joint you guys? I have been riding road bike here in Yokosuka for few months and mostly solo since I don't know many people ride road bike here. I know some but they are from the ship and usually busy for bike ride on weekends. Are you guys riding this weekend(Saturday or Sunday)?

Hello! My name is Ken. Can I joint you guys? I have been riding road bike here in Yokosuka for few months and mostly solo since I don't know many people ride road bike here. I know some but they are from the ship and usually busy for bike ride on weekends. Are you guys riding this weekend(Saturday or Sunday)?

Sure. But you asking "can I joint you guys" has me worried. I don't smoke that stuff and would highly advise not lighting up (or offering) before you ride.

Just kidding, welcome aboard shipmate! See you Saturday at 0700 at the 7/11 next to Womble. . .

Ken, Absolutely join in. More or less we ride every Saturday at 0700 from Womble Gate 7/11. We generally leave right at 7, so get there with a minute or two to spare.
When we know someone is running late, we will hold up, but if you didn't confirm with anyone - we assume your not coming.

Looking forward to seeing you out there.
General note: I am looking to change up the route a little. Probably not this weekend, but next weekend and tack on some extra mileage and a slightly different route to break up the monotony.

LOL! Yeah, I don't smoke "joint"; not good for my career. I look forward joining you guys on Saturday. Thanks.

Bloaker, thanks. I will surely let you guys know ahead of time if I am not riding. I am up for any route. I like longer distance and uphill: scared of downhill...LOL! Have you guys heard the Yabitsu Pass?

Ridden Yabitsu a ton of times from the south side. I am in the later half climbing it on Strava, but I am #3 on the way back down. No fear of a downhill. :)

Back
Top Bottom