What's new

In the news...

brings us:

some bloke said:
Austrian cyclist Matthias Brandle set a new world hour record on Thursday with his 51.85km effort trimming more than 700m off the old mark set by Germany's Jens Voigt last month.

The three-time Austrian time-trial champion set the new record at Switzerland's Aigle velodrome rather than using the Granges track where Voigt set 51.115km on September 18.

(My emphasis.)

Pfft. I could trim 30 km off Voigt's distance, no sweat.

I hope he has his patents well organized. Maybe not for racing applications but for everyday bikes this will seriously help cycle shops have faster repair turn around. Cycling, unless the big three come up with it, the chances of it getting accepted might be slim. What is the time saving on the pro peleton to switch out a wheel? Not sure if that extra 3 or 4 seconds will be worth the investment.

California:

California%20Storms(2)%20(3).jpg

Most of the Daily Wail looks as if it came from The Onion. (Or a British version thereof; perhaps we can call it The Parsnip.)

This bloke's wife has a point. Out of morbid curiosity, I duckduckwent the trademark luridly advertised on his jersey. That stuff's expensive. There are affordable (and unaffordable) alternatives that don't turn you into a sandwich board man.

Meanwhile, that red dress. . . . I don't know much about fashion, but I know what I don't like. Maybe she just needs to move up to Rapha.

Back
Top Bottom