What's new

Visiting from Ottawa Dec. 16-31st

cdnrocki

Warming-Up
Nov 23, 2014
hi, my name's Andrew and I like to ride my bicycles :warau:

Seriously though, I fly in to Haneda on the 16th and depart on the 31st. I'll be with my folks, my sister, her husband and kids, and we'll be there visiting relatives.

I am planning to bring my travel bike, an S&S coupled steel mtb hardtail, and hoping to get out for short rides on a daily basis, most likely first thing in the AM so as not to impact the balance of the day's activities with family.

I'm trying to get the address of where I'm staying and then I'll be looking for some advice on where to ride, possibly try to hook up with folks should schedule permit.

At this time, I'm only planning to bring 1" slicks so expecting to ride mostly road/urban routes.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

cheers
Andrew

Welcome to TCC, Andrew!

There are long bike trails along the Arakawa and Tamagawa rivers. A few people also do training rides around the Imperial Palace (5 km loop).

It will be easier to suggest something once you know where you'll be staying.

Cool, thanks - I'll look to ride the other side then, wouldn't have known to do that.

Was colder in the shade of the expressway overpass so i switched over to the sunny side for the ride back

If you fancy trying a different river, that is pretty much deserted once you get out the city, try the Edogawa, leading to the Tonegawa. I can meet you for a ride there if you want, sometime in the next few days. Just let me know.

If you fancy trying a different river, that is pretty much deserted once you get out the city, try the Edogawa, leading to the Tonegawa. I can meet you for a ride there if you want, sometime in the next few days. Just let me know.

I'd be up for that - Monday or Tuesday?

Should you guys change your plans I will be out on Arakawa doing a 100km here and there kind of ride. Of course it will be from dawn which is not agreeable to many… or any? (Except @Mlac Peek )

Should you guys change your plans I will be out on Arakawa doing a 100km here and there kind of ride. Of course it will be from dawn which is not agreeable to many… or any? (Except @Mlac Peek )

This won't work for me tomorrow but if you repeat later in the week, I'd be interested.

Back
Top Bottom