What's new

Training Ride Tuesday Morning Tama Training Thread

I'd call it more of a group ride than structured training of any kind. We hit hills, we die on them (I do anyway) and recover before repeating it again on the next one. Kind of like interval training but too much recovery to be proper interval training. I see the rides as a way to improve my short climbing strength, learn some new roads, get out in the fresh morning air and have a good ride with similar minded slaves. Maybe @Doug3 could categorize it better though.

I agree with @wexford . Would say a 10min warm-up followed by 7-8 VO2 intervals ~2-6min in length, with just about the right amount of recovery in between(not too short). Maybe more interesting than hitting Yomiuri 6-8 times in a row.

Rain is forecast to stop tonight, but without much wind the roads will probably still be quite damp in the morning. I'm proposing this route that includes the river TT and 2 new climbs.

May or may not be down.

Hit some laps of the palace yesterday and I am well down on power.

Suffering from being pretty run down at the moment so trying to rest up a little.

Tuesday at 9am marks the start of my rest week. So I'll be there assuming I can sleep as I seem to be watching the tour until all hours now.

I won't be joining but will be cycle commuting through the area. If you see a slow guy in a red jersey, backpack, black helmet, and blinkers going in daylight going downriver on the Tokyo side of Tamagawa, that's me. Say hello and if it's okay, may I please wheel suck? I'll be peeling off a bit before Noborito station.

Will see you there and will try to hang on for dear life as usual

Hanging this morning but I'm really glad I rode.

Cheers as always lads and lasses.

I didn't have it in me today. Thanks for waiting, I will come back stronger next time!

Another fun ride this morning. Was a little harder to get up this morning given the tour is on the tele but totally worth the effort. Really enjoying these Tuesdays. Thanks for coming everyone. Now where was @wendy ?

Thanks boys, I`m pleased I did not ignore the 4.45 alarm, as I was very tempted to do this morning.
Good route @GrantT, I'm amazed that you manage to find new hills each week on that patch, surely there cannot be any more to discover?!

Cheers. There are always new hills to ride. Next week's route will have 4 new ones, including one that isn't even on Strava yet. Should be perfect for @wendy

Weather looks to be fine tomorrow, lets see how much heat can be avoided by the early start. Route here, with four new climbs as promised, two featuring killer views, another with a killer gradient... Just to warn you, the route takes in some winding roads that we'll need to keep a steady speed on to get round. The usual time and place. :)
Never forget
@wendy
14/7/2014

Last edited:
@GrantT you can embed the map directly in the comment by pasting the url. Makes it easier to view without having to click into another site; especially useful for mobile users, which is pretty much everyone now.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom