What's new

Review Prosok Socks

bloaker

Sincerely A Dick
Nov 14, 2011
I got my new PROSOK socks through the post, thanks to Koh of (censored due to not being a site sponsor)

I got out of the world of low end socks recently when @JackTheCommuter @kubatyszko & my mom bullied me into believing Family mart is not a clothing store. They pushed for the clown socks, but I didn't like the idea of spending 3,000Yen to look like an ass. I saw that Koh was a dealer for Prosok in Japan, I decided to expand my collection.

I got one pair, because I am cheap.
2015-07-30 16.06.00.jpg

Decided to give the the new ones a spin today, so put them on and went out on new to me MTB SS ride.

2015-07-30 15.30.11-5.jpg

Turns out these are actually MORE comfortable than the K-mart blue light specials I have been wearing!

Really nice quality, and fit perfectly. I have a man sized foot, so 29.5cm required the L/XL socks. Fit fine, and I think I am near the top end the feet that can fit in these - I would imagine 27cm being the smallest for an L, and maybe up to about 31 for the top end.

As they are so manly, cars and pedestrians step back in awe as you ride by. Catching a glimpse of myself in windows on the way to the trail confirmed I looked slimmer in these socks. All the 35-80 year old women driving in cars who I caught staring at my legs, loved it. They really loved it. I saw one reset her pace maker.

So yeah, Prosoks socks. Better than Uniqlo, and actually if you use the good looking discount discount card, they are cheaper too!

2015-07-30 15.30.05.jpg

Heading home, I thought about the socks again... my body is dripping wet, but my feet feel amazingly "fresh" and dry. Hmmm... So I continue my pedal home.

After taking the socks off I notice they left no crap fabric on my feet. Also, my feet are dry to the touch. The socks themselves don't feel very wet either. I tossed my socks, shorts and jersey in the wash. The "thing" about there socks are they are made with Bamboo. Tons of people in their reviews go on and on about how great they are for cycling, hiking, running, etc... After a quick 1 hour spin in the heat - those reviews seem accurate. Will wear them again on Saturday for the Miura loop.

Last edited:
Follow up - the 1 hour MTB ride made these socks magical, but how about a 4 hour rode ride in the heat?

Once again, I did not think about my feet during the first half of the ride. This is good... if you are thinking about your socks during the ride, you have the wrong socks!
With the heat getting a tad more intense midway through the ride, I did notice my feet were warm. Not more than normal... I was just hot and miserable and thought hey... my feet are hot and miserable too.
I finish the ride and get home. Kick off my shoes and my socks are damp. My kits is soaked, but my socks are just wet. If I wanted, I might have been able to ring some sweat out of them.
*Side note - they had no smell at all.

I wash the kit and socks and hang them up to dry - I notice the socks are very heavy. I through them on the line to dry (indoor rack) and forget about them.
The next day, they are still damp to touch. Not crazy wet, but certainly not dry. Again, no smell.
I turn them inside out and put them back on the rack.

Regarding the heat when riding and weight after washing - these socks are thick and provide some cushion. I believe I missed that in the original post.
This makes for a very comfortable sock. It will be perfect fall-spring.

After these two rides, I have decided to order another pair understanding that the summer is not forever and the only concern I would have is the heat.

I also have noted on their website an "ultra thin race" sock.
I have emailed to see if those are in stock.

Back
Top Bottom