What's new

Ride Sunday 2nd August, Tama + Ura-Onekan

GrantT

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2012
No time to get a long ride in this weekend so will do an extended ride around Tama and Ura-Onekan. This will mostly be on climbs not reachable during the Tuesday morning rides. No fixed route for now, but ride should last about 2.5 hours total. Meeting ideally at 6 am where Setagaya Dori (Route 3) crosses the Tamagawa. Will be a brisk pace as usual, pushing on the ups and the flats, WATT within reason (waiting time ≤ fastest time/2). In case anyone is interested, post below!
Route something like this, with the return journey along river paths (Asa and Tamagawa).

Last edited:
Still wallowing in self pity. This ride is always good though. Hopefully my cold will be better. Not sure yet though :-(

Okay, I'm in, I'll see you at 6. The route goes right past my apartment so I couldn't resist :>

Just letting you know that I won't be there. Getting better though me thinks. Enjoy the ride!

Having assumed no one is coming I won't be there at 6, I'll be there at around 7:15.

Posting at 11:30 the night before... I am already asleep!

Last edited:
Got a couple of KOMs and took a couple of podiums visiting some new climbs around West Tama. Didn't get as far I would have liked because of the late start, but it was getting a bit hot to be KOM-hunting anyway. Rear (cheap Powerway) hub making noises again and pretty soon after recent service. Getting too annoying to deal with now so will put the Ultegra rear back on until I think of another solution. 250 g heavier but whatever..

I was out on a similar route a few hours later. I can safely say that your KOMs were very safe. With this heat, recovering from a summer cold and the after effects of way too much beer on Friday evening, it wasn't my best performance. :(

Well, being a bit of a nuppty for road names and directions I call it the Cowbell hill ride.
Up Kawasaki kaido, left at the Hilltop cafe, over the top then lots of up and down including some cows at the top of one very steep ramp. No bells on the cows. Twice around the loop at the 7-11 after a bitter disappointment at the icecream section. Back by a very hot Onekan.
Something similar planned for tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom