What's new

Race Tokyo Enduro 2016, March 12th

OK, so looks like there should be at least 4 of us. See you there tomorrow am.

Great! See everyone tomorrow!

@Doug3 - thank you for leading this very beneficial training session! I am sure the skills we covered today will aid to keep everyone safe and improve cycling performances as well.
@TorC - we usually see each other in passing along the Arakawa. It was great to finally meet you and to share interesting conversation.
@Tuomas - great job out there today! I look forward to riding with you again soon.
@zenbiker - great seeing you again mate! Thanks for joining in the fun!

What @Doug3 did today is very reminiscent of what pros/experienced riders used to do in Aus. many years ago.
They'd go out of their way to help people know what racing is all about, especially the young riders coming through, like me at the time.
Hat's off to you @Doug3 for taking the time to do this.

Having already ridden one Bike Navi race in Japan, let me just say that you need to stay alert for crashes during the whole race, as there is a mix of extreme beginners and high speed peloton riders, a recipe for disaster.
Having said that, if you stay alert, all will be fine.

It should be a great day!

What @Doug3 did today is very reminiscent of what pros/experienced riders used to do in Aus. many years ago.
They'd go out of their way to help people know what racing is all about, especially the young riders coming through, like me at the time.
Hat's off to you @Doug3 for taking the time to do this.

Having already ridden one Bike Navi race in Japan, let me just say that you need to stay alert for crashes during the whole race, as there is a mix of extreme beginners and high speed peloton riders, a recipe for disaster.
Having said that, if you stay alert, all will be fine.

It should be a great day!

While @Heath is praising @Doug3 here, I may as well add my praises.

I've always enjoyed training and always been motivated to get out and ride my bike. But it wasn't till I talked to Doug that I got organised.

I just wrote a blog about planning training:

http://www.jyonnobitime.com/time/2016/02/planning-a-training-week-build.html

Before I met Doug, I didn't know what I was doing tomorrow, let alone next week, next month, July...

The result is that I enjoy riding my bike more than ever with clear goals and focus.

Cheers mate!

Andy

http://www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Fun training session. Nice to meet everyone and thanks very much to @Doug3 for imparting lots of wisdom. I have to admit I am now slightly worried about quite how much of a crashfest this race is likely to be. As @Heath mentions, it does sound like a recipe for distaster.... Ah well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.... Let's hope all the TCC lot participating manage to complete it unscathed.

I wouldn't mind checking out the circuit sometime over the next couple of weeks - maybe just a couple of laps as part of a proper ride so let me know if any of you are interested in joining me.

I'm not in the race but as it is my local would be up for some group riding around there. I can show you the layout of how it is set up, in terms of barriers and start finish etc.

Fun training session. Nice to meet everyone and thanks very much to @Doug3 for imparting lots of wisdom. I have to admit I am now slightly worried about quite how much of a crashfest this race is likely to be. As @Heath mentions, it does sound like a recipe for distaster.... Ah well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.... Let's hope all the TCC lot participating manage to complete it unscathed.

I wouldn't mind checking out the circuit sometime over the next couple of weeks - maybe just a couple of laps as part of a proper ride so let me know if any of you are interested in joining me.

I could do this on Thursday (preferably not too early) or Sunday this week or the weekend of 27/28 February if that works for @theBlob / @Heath and anyone else who might be interested in doing a pre-race recce...

Thursday morning sounds good. We could do a few laps and head up the river if anyone is interested. What is not to early? Would 7:30 at the start of the course be too early?

@theBlob Count me in. A later start would be better for me too as I will get home from work near midnight on Wednesday.

I have two other interested parties coming, so we may have a nice little bunch. Will def be up for a run up the river also.

All right we can meet at 8am. At the meeting point detailed in the Arakawa Thursday morning training thread.

Will be leading a bunch of HFC miscreants out from Imperial Palace at 8am and up the Arakawa to Enomoto Farm. Will make sure we include one lap of the lake so you can practice overtaking a slow, dangerous, "extreme beginners" peloton;):innocent::p

Back
Top Bottom