What's new

Ride Chiba dirt / mud / rindo exploring

Looks like three of us are camping out on Saturday night.
Can I get a show of hands who (if anyone) is planning on coming via the ferry on Sunday?

Sooooo.........
Things did not go according to plan for me. Yesterday's weather was amazing. I loaded up the Fargo and headed out to the Ferry.
I got to the ferry and bought a round trip ticket and luckily asked if the return ticket would be good fro Sunday... the lady said yes, I walked back out to my bike.

A moment later, another man that works for the ferry ran up to me to tell me Sunday's ferries were all canceled.
I asked again to be clear and he told me due to high winds, the ferry would not operate on Sunday at all.
That is no good... Sunday is Valentine's day and my plan was to get home early and spend it with my girls.
So I called Josh to see about alternatives and the only option was the train... but a XL fargo is difficult on the train when not loaded... .and today it is fully loaded, so not really a valid option. I call my wife and she suggests I stay until Monday (she has Monday off) and I remind her I have to work at 0500 on Monday... I call Josh back and abort the trip.

Riding back home I am just amazed at how nice the weather is and second guessing my decision to not go. I was fighting some wind all morning, but nothing horrible and Joshua mentioned the lack of wind in Chiba. Frustrating....

Last night, I was woken up by rain and high winds. This morning, the wind is continuing and I can now understand why the Ferry was canceled. Even if it was not canceled, the ride from the Ferry home would have been awful. (but probably a good story)

Hope @hat and beard and @AlexGiesswein are having better weather than here in Hayama.

@hat and beard @AlexGiesswein Did you actually camp out there last night in that weather?! Do let us know you're safe when you can. My condo building was all shaken by the wind, I hate to think what it would be like out in the mountains in a tent or similar!

I didn't want to be accused of being a mother hen, but I broke down and called @hat and beard to make sure they survived ok.
Quick synopsis - they are alive and heading home after a brutal night.

We survived! Thanks for the phone call @bloaker. It was much appreciated. Really sorry you couldn't make it. Despite the insane weather we (or at least I and hopefuly @AlexGiesswein !) had fun. Let's definitely plan another one @bloaker. You have the worst luck with Chiba.

This was a crazy weekend. We had sun, clouds, rain, mist, hot, cold, winds, tranquility, sand, mud, rocks, concrete, forests, deserts, naked people, unexpected massages, unexpected new friends. Cheers to @AlexGiesswein for the idea of turning this into a camping trip.
thumbnail_image1[1].jpg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg image4.jpeg image1.jpeg imge2.jpeg imge3.jpeg imge4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom