What's new

15 March 2014 Tokyo Enduro River Stage

AlanW

Maximum Pace
Jan 30, 2007
4 hour Enduro will be held on 15 March 2014 at Akigase Green Park alongside the Arakawa.
There is no solo category. Teams of 2-4, mens', womens' and mixed categories.

course_map.gif

Home Page http://www.tokyoenduro.jp/river/index.shtml
Entry deadline is 22 Feb but this is a popular race and fills up very quickly.

I'm interested to join. What category are you thinking Alan? Have you already entered?

Doug, I haven't entered yet, but it would be a good race to do. Will do when I get back, assuming we can get a team together. It's only a 4 hour so anything is OK for me. The pairs will be quickest I'm sure due to only doing one changeover.
AW

I and @TimeTraveler have signed up for this in the 4hour 2 man team category. Who else is interested to come out and join us?

Looks like fun - I'd be interested if there were any people willing to join me (for 2 or 4) in a somewhat slower team than Doug and Alan (and could navigate the Japanese entry form for me!)

Last day to sign up for this.

I'll be doing it with 2 friends. The TT was tempting but a bit too early start time. The kids race is filled up. My boys really want to ride it so I'll be rolling them up onto the start line regardless...

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

This was really nice last year. Beautiful weather and a day to remember with my only podium last year in a race I should have won.
My team mate hated doing 45k+ over the bumps of the back of the track, so won't be back. I won't peak before the grand tours (vuelta maybe).

Key are the two lefthanders before and after going over the bridge. Overall, the narrow and more technical nature makes this easier tactically than the Enduro in Sodegaura. Last year (maybe posted a report then) the top group was disciplined, but so large that catching up was comparatively easy. Enjoy...

Looking forward to this event on Saturday. Our local team will have 4 x 3 men teams riding. As a team we are not so strong so I'm hoping to treat my turn on the road as race training - go as hard as I can, ride in the group, attack a little bit....

From what @AlanW says, the changeovers seem costly, so I guess it's better to do just one turn each? Also, is the first turn the most important (ie. to get a place and hold it in the front group)?

@Gunjira cheers for the heads up about the bridge!

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

So I roll down to the river today to do a few early morning laps and this event is going on. I roll onto the course to make my way around the back to the bank. Some guy starts waving at me as I approach the finish line, I weave around him and keep going, seems I have just joined the TT!

A rider enters the course in front of me in the TT full kit pushing hard into the headwind. Alright, time to see what they have got, so I start putting in the power... slowly catching... yes I am definitely reeling them in... HA! this TT stuff is easy...getting closer... as I pull aside i grab a glance to see the poor sod I have just destroyed... then I realize I am battling it out in the women's TT.... Oh.... :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom