What's new

Another annoying newbie

Hi

For the average user, they will not be able to access your Flickr/whatever accounts.

For the people who know what they are doing, you would be better uploading to a third-party service and linking from there.

Hope that helps.

Owen

Using Google Picasaweb is pretty safe. You can share individual images with a unique URL that only references that one image, not the set it came from. You can also withdraw the sharing key any time. I use my Picasaweb account for almost all the images I post here.

Free Google accounts include 1 GB of storage for images, but as long as the images you upload are below 1200 x 1600 (Picasa can automatically scale them on upload) they don't count towards the limit. Furthermore, for $5 a year you can add another 20 GB of storage, or $20 for 80 GB.

Using Google Picasaweb is pretty safe. You can share individual images with a unique URL that only references that one image, not the set it came from. You can also withdraw the sharing key any time. I use my Picasaweb account for almost all the images I post here.

Free Google accounts include 1 GB of storage for images, but as long as the images you upload are below 1200 x 1600 (Picasa can automatically scale them on upload) they don't count towards the limit. Furthermore, for $5 a year you can add another 20 GB of storage, or $20 for 80 GB.

Thanks. Handy to know. I have the upgraded Picasa accounts and use it a lot. Will try that next time.

All looking very nice!

I sure do love it when people refer to me as "an alien in Japan" haha. Actually as from July aren't all us "aliens" getting an upgrade of status to "residents"? Happy days! :D

Back
Top Bottom