1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Around the coast of Japan counterclockwise

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rockey, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Rockey

Rockey Warming-Up

Is there anybody who has circumnavigated Japan by bicycle rounding every peninsula (not island) and taking every coastal road possible? I don't mean all the 29,751 kilometers (18,487 miles) of coastline but rather the outermost part of Japan. Something like from Tokyo up and round Hokkaidou then down to the east side of Kyuushu to take a ferry to the southwest side of Shikaku and then get back on to the east side of Honshuu by ferry(this being the last ferry ride) and back to Tokyo.
  2. Wolfman

Wolfman Speeding Up

My friends are doing this in bits and bobs. They did Tokyo-Kyushu over a week. We did kamakura to mito in ibaraki over a few days in the summer as part of a northern scoping exercise,and hope to extend this further. the chiba peninsula was quite nice.

Surely you'd need a good couple of months or so off work to do the whole of Japan.
  3. Ash

Ash Warming-Up

that would indeed be a wonderful trip! But you guys would have to be blessed with heaps of free time...!
  4. Phil Harris

Phil Harris Warming-Up

Honshu Lap

I had planned on a trip around the coast of Honshu, but the Finance Minister refused to provide the funding.:(

I`ve biked down the coast from Misawa to Yokohama and up the coast from Wakayama to Yokohama. I plan on biking the Sea of Japan coast some day from Shimonoseki to Akita. That was before I started working full time.
  5. Ash

Ash Warming-Up

We must have the same Finance Minister....:eek:
  6. kiwisimon

kiwisimon Maximum Pace

my minister is spelt without the 3rd 4th and 6th letters.:eek:uch: