What's new

Race Ishikawa Road 7/19

Haha. The junior women's race goes round more times than the 'elite' E3 men's.

I noticed that too.. it's shorter than either junior race.

At that point they might as well open it up to the general public, rather than adult men on jitsugyodan teams.

It just occurred to me that Ishikawa Road was a day after my own race, so I might go watch after all.

If JPT are doing it at about 38kmph, I can only imagine what E3 are doing it at... haha.

I mean, it's not like E3 guys are slow... if the race is only 27 km and if they're averaging 38 km/h (probably faster, given the short distance), the race is done in just over 40 minutes.

No, the JPT guys do about 38kmph. They are the top category. The E3 guys are 3 categories down.

I rode the E3 two years ago. It was the fastest of all categories including the pros.

However the nature of the racing is different. When I rode the pro tour, most people just wanted to be able to finish.

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Last edited:
That is not very 'Pro' is it.

Do you have the stats from 2 years ago for each category? Would be interested to see the speeds for each.

Bizarre. Every category is pretty much the same speed, apart from the womens.

No, the JPT guys do about 38kmph. They are the top category. The E3 guys are 3 categories down.

I know what you meant, but I was guessing that the E3 would be doing roughly the same speed since they're only going a fraction of the distance.

It is somewhat expected that the top finishers of each category will be similar in speed. If you finish high enough in the standings enough times and collect points, you then move up to the next category. E3, E2, E1, JPT. Also, some really fast riders only do a few JBCF races a year, so never collect enough points in a season to upgrade.

The biggest difference is in the speeds of the people who finish down from the leaders and DNF's.

The distance of the E3 race was shortened this year because of so many entries. They will run 2 separate shorter races of 109 and 108 riders each. Last year there were 143 entries for 3 laps.

Back
Top Bottom