1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mama Chari to Single Speed...

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics' started by onm, Nov 4, 2009.

1. onm

onm

Hey guys

I am in the process of converting an old Mama Chari into a decent slick single speed. I know it would be much easier to just buy a nice single speed, but I love a project, and like doing things slowly and cheaply, so that is what is happening.

Anyway; the question I have, which some of you may know the answer to is...

What BB do Mama Chari's come with as standard. I am not mega up on BB technology and sizings, so if anyone could fill me that would be great,

I am hoping to put the Profile BMX race cranks I have on my BMX at the moment, into the Mama Chari frame, and they come with a standard 19mm axle.

Euro BB kits are available for the cranks I want to use, so if Mama Chari come with Euro as standard, I am in business.

So, if anyone can fill me in on Mama Chari frame standards in general, that would be ace.

Cheers in advance

Owen

2. yokotas13

yokotas13 Warming-Up

i have a mama chari electric bike, ill pull hte BB on it and see whats on it tonight fo ryou

3. onm

onm

Excellent, thanks!

I have been measuring the thing up a bit over the last few days, and it seems as if things are fairly inline with standards (although I paid 6000yen for it, so it is not going to be made accurately).

Been spending a fair bit of time on Yahoo! Auction scoping parts. Turning out to be a pretty cool project.

4. TODO R CASPELL

TODO R CASPELL Maximum Pace

FIXIE CHERI

A FIXIE CHERI ! You ARE INSANE. I think I like you. I saw one up in Tokyo 2 weekends ago. I think Shibuya. I was SO impressed I took it's picture. Blue frame red leather saddle with ape hangers. Could be yours ? I will post the picture eventually. Along with those others. TODO

5. onm

onm

Ain't mine mate.

Sounds ace though!