What's new

Point Criterium 2008 at Friendly Park Apr 6th

Nice, I'll take a 7th overall over an 8th any day.
I guess they didn't have the wide angle lense for me or the tall angle lense for you with the photos.

I'm also going to lay claim to being the oldest guy in my grade...I didn't see any oyajis that looked older than me. Too many youngsters...

Maybe after all the crashes last year they've decided not to run it/insurance got too expensive? It was pretty mad how many ambulances/fire trucks had to come out.

I was going to do it again this year as a training day again for Tsukuba and maybe the Taitama TT...

Shimofusa crit march 11

I will be racing here on the 11th of March. Thanks for the info! I will be using this as a training race and just trying to keep the rubber side down. I will let you know how it goes

懐かしい!

Have fun. I've ridden most of my races on that tight little course.
Watch the wind by the soccer ground. For a good long sprint escape.... End of the soccer field or bottom of the hill.... Or the home plate on the baseball ground. Most crashes occur on the last right hander at the base of the sprint hill. You want to be at max speed in front there and hold everybody off.... Impossible to pass from there unless you're in the top 5 or bottom 5. :cool:

Natsukashii indeed... Didn't realize they'd brought it back. Might ride out to watch this year, need an excuse to get out.

Hope to see you there

I will be in a blue Equipe Azumino kit with a Ritte bike. Big white Guy Late 20s Beginner class

a PICTURE

Here is a picture of the coarse thanks to Edogawakikkoman. Thank You and Phil for the detailed race reports. Definitly will help with the confidence. Let me know if you have any insider tips (parking, toilet location, nearby onsen, food thats great, Anything you can think of!)

Here is a picture of the coarse thanks to Edogawakikkoman. Thank You and Phil for the detailed race reports. Definitly will help with the confidence. Let me know if you have any insider tips (parking, toilet location, nearby onsen, food thats great, Anything you can think of!)

I always have a hot shower between the tennis and soccer ground , 100 yen. There are 2 small supermarkets nearby but best to bring everything you need. There's not much to do near there, except fly a kite, kick a ball or ride your bike!

If you meet any Semas riders, Milepost, or Apex guys tell them Peter needs to ride more, he's getting fatter and fatter. :eek: or at least try and make some new friends while you're there. That's the best reason to race!

Hope to see you there--who's organizing this by the way? Do you have a link?

Like Pete says, there's not much to do there except ride a bike :) The Tone is close by so worth a quick ride if you have the time before or after your race. Good warm up lap is to head to toward the river on the main road, turn left at the lights just after the two shops Pete mentions, then left at the big torii (about 300 meter along?). That'll take you over a small hill and back to the main road...

Oh, and like Pete says, the key is the curve around the soccer field at the top end of the course on the last lap...Hard to pass after that. My best race on the course where I had a chance to finish top 3 was when I went around the outside of the pack, on a wheel, at that point. One of the worst results was when I was feeling very strong, was second wheel at the same place, and got trapped on the inside as half the peloton went round the outside.

Thanks for the vid... doesn't seem to be any mountains on the course, which is gonna suit me.
Particularly like the pizza delivery guy leading the bunch!

Lap one to 5 there is a little little climb!!!!

After the 10th lap the tiny little finish line hill gets bigger and bigger after each lap. (for me). By about lap 15 it's bloody huge. (for me). I love the short races here!!!

The JBCF is split into two...
3 qualifying heats for each category, with top 15 from each heat going into the final. Heats are 10mins +2laps early morning, and the finals come just after lunch, and are 40mins + 2laps.
:bike::bike:

Back
Top Bottom