What's new

So who was out this weekend....?

AlanW

Maximum Pace
Jan 30, 2007
Well, what can I say, first ride of the 2007 for me wearing shorts/short sleeve top :thumb:
Fantastic weather; I was riding MTB at Hinode on Sat afternoon, saw lots of Road bikers around Itsukaichi.

AW.

My husband and I went out on Saturday and did his longest ride yet! 20 miles. We just went around our area.

I also just decided I'm going to start training for a triathlon in September...now I just have to learn how to swim :)

yeah, first time in the summer gear for me too this weekend! Feels great!

Ayase, you will have to get your husband to come on a longer ride with us. How about the westside?

Ash

Itsukaichi

Yes I saw all those roadies climbing the Kazehari from Itsukaichi yesterday...there must have been more than 50 most of them belonging to the same club I guess...ideal cycling weather of course.
Left Fuchu at 6:00 for a 7-hour ride through Itsukaichi then Kanato where I climbed one of my favorite hills - the Nokogiri - proceeding along Okutamako for a "reverse Kazehari" and descent back to Itsukaichi making it a nice loop. Nokogiri-touge was very peaceful...I did not encounter a single soul all the way to the top and down. Kazehari was quite the opposite with some stretches completely terrorized by motorcycle gangs riding back and forth at reckless speeds...this can be a bit unnerving at times:( .
The descent from Tomin-no-mori was a good reward although I had to cross the yellow line & overtake a slow car :ninja: producing a nice adrenaline rush which kept me going full throttle all the way back to Fuchu. Once home, I enjoyed a nice bottle of beer:beer: My first short-sleeved ride of the year was not bad at all!

yeah, first time in the summer gear for me too this weekend! Feels great!

Ayase, you will have to get your husband to come on a longer ride with us. How about the westside?

Ash

He was going to come, but we found out he'll be away for work. But I'm definitely looking forward to the ride and meeting some new people.

Yes I saw all those roadies climbing the Kazehari from Itsukaichi yesterday...there must have been more than 50 most of them belonging to the same club I guess...ideal cycling weather of course.
Left Fuchu at 6:00 for a 7-hour ride through Itsukaichi then Kanato where I climbed one of my favorite hills - the Nokogiri - proceeding along Okutamako for a "reverse Kazehari" and descent back to Itsukaichi making it a nice loop. Nokogiri-touge was very peaceful...I did not encounter a single soul all the way to the top and down. Kazehari was quite the opposite with some stretches completely terrorized by motorcycle gangs riding back and forth at reckless speeds...this can be a bit unnerving at times:( .
The descent from Tomin-no-mori was a good reward although I had to cross the yellow line & overtake a slow car :ninja: producing a nice adrenaline rush which kept me going full throttle all the way back to Fuchu. Once home, I enjoyed a nice bottle of beer:beer: My first short-sleeved ride of the year was not bad at all!

ah! Sounds like a very nice day! unfortunately I was shigoto, shigoto... those are nice days to do something like that by yourself...

cheers!

Ash

Rode down Tamagawa River bike route to a bike shop in Fuchu called Y's Park. Other than that, this weekend coming up looks like a possible rain out!

Was good to be in summer wear but today it's freezing. On Saturday I did a short 40km solo ride up to Sekiyado and raced some guy on the way back...
He came up behind me and then beside me and then put the gas down. I chased, sat on his wheel for about 3 km before burning him off... I'm sure he was not happy with my tactics.
I then had a good Sunday ride with our club. 1st time I've ever been able to break away in the sprint and win. (I cheated a little). I got this little mirror that attaches to the downtube. You look down and can see between your legs everything behind you very clearly.

I opened up about a 50m break and then slowed down a bit. When I could see them getting close I'd just stand up and pretend to be sprinting away again...only putting out a little extra energy. After doing this 3 times they all gave up. 200m win...

I know that 2 of those guys are faster than me and would have easily beat me if they'd not given up. (nobody noticed the mirror either)
:eek:

Back
Top Bottom