What's new

Ride Sun Jan 22 Winter Tokigawa Saunter

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
This coming Sun promises to be warm and sunny, and more importantly seems like there will be no wind! I don't think we'll have a day like this again in a while, and I'm not gonna let it go.

Meeting place: 17 km mark on the "official" right side of Arakawa (when facing river mouth), just under the Kohoku bashi bridge (江北橋) at 9 am. Alternatively, people can join from the spaceship (probably passing by around 9:30) or further upstream.

It is the standard route following the Arakawa river north, then through Hatoyama, Ogose etc. to Tokigawa. I'll take some low climbs (200-300 m) around Saitama Country Club (very scenic, no traffic), before heading to Ogawa machi to take a train home (I know, the winter is spoiling me). Probably about 100 km from the start point, elevation total could be up to 600-700m tops. @Komuso @TokyoFixed @anyoneelse What say you?

The forecast for Tokyo's Kita-ku (start point)

12334.jpg

OK, @Karl hope you enjoy it. But let's keep this thread about the Tokigawa ride I'm leading. If you wanna announce another ride, it is customary to start a new thread.

Anyway, so far I've got 3 people. Pace will be leisurely/social. Come out to play lads and lassies.

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to cancel this as something's come up. Two prospective participants are now down to one, and he's been notified. Sometimes it's just not meant to be...

Back
Top Bottom