What's new

Help The Good Deals Thread. Post your links and shops.

Evans have Sidi Carbon Vernace wire on sale for ¥23,275 with free shipping. And in adult sizes!

If you have tiny feet (US 8) there is a lass on tokyo craigslist giving away several used pairs of cycling shoes. Look under 'free' in the classifieds.

Last edited:
Conrad have you experience of shipping with them? Also they don't appear to be taking yen as payment.
I've bought cycling wear and other small stuff from them, they have some pretty good specials from time to time. Their shipping cost algorithm is pretty unpredictable, so experiment with it before you check out. I haven't bought a frame from planetx before so maybe someone else on here can fill us in.

I've bought cycling wear and other small stuff from them, they have some pretty good specials from time to time. Their shipping cost algorithm is pretty unpredictable, so experiment with it before you check out. I haven't bought a frame from planetx before so maybe someone else on here can fill us in.
I am interested if anybody has shipped a frame, wheels, or bike? And how the freight marked up the price.

Ribble have a carbon road bike with full Ultegra 6800 groupset for about 1000 GBP. Available in a range of different sizes. There doesn't appear to be a choice of different cassette or crank sizes, but you might be able to contact Ribble and have some changes made. Ribble appear to have a pretty reasonable shipping fee for bikes, I've only bought components from them in the past but they've delivered them promptly.

• Full Shimano Ultegra 6800 groupset
  • 172.5mm 39/53 chainset
  • 11-25 cassette
  • Ultegra brakes
Finishing kit

• Deda RHM 01 Handlebars
  • Deda Zero 1 Black Handlebar Stem
  • Selle Italia Saddle
  • Handlebar Tape - Black
  • Continental UltraSport 2 tyres - 25mm
  • Shimano RS11 Wheelset

New These fingerless cycling gloves are tough, comfortable and heavily discounted. Ideal for your next Wiggle order top up.
I second this. I've had a pair and heavily used them for about 10,000 km before they got this condition:

15055773_1497471593603239_2878693986259698452_n.jpg

Then I saw the 60% discount and got another pair of the same ones, just arrived the other day:

15220043_1511542875529444_8321944839480841738_n.jpg

@luka Well, there you go. Actually, anything from Grip Grab is well worth it, even at full price. They make stuff right.

I've found these carbon wheels real cheep. Usually the set is about 80,000 yen, but until Jan 31 they're on 50% discount, so under 40,000 for the set (plus tax and shipping). I've given them some very serious consideration, but decided I can't justify the expense, since I already have a wheelset I'm very satisfied with, weighing only 200-300g more.

However, if anyone is in the market for some, these look very tempting to me under these conditions. There are 29, 38 and 50 mm depth versions for the same price, and shipping is also 50% off on Wednesdays. I'm not related in any way, but do use cycly from time to time, as bargains can be found there. You're welcome.

You get what you pay for there is no way in a million years that wheelset is worth 80,000yen. I think you'd be disappointed no matter what you paid.

So if you are patient and can wait until closeouts/blowouts... this site works quite well.

http://www.bike-online.jp/

I was able to assist in getting another member here hooked up with last years model of a kick ass bike for 40% off.

Do you wear a size 30.5 cm (that size is exactly correct) cycling shoe, and can you handle the slander from your riding buddies for styling yourself up in a 2013 pair of Shimano shoes at 70% off? If so, why don't you consider these... Amazon product ASIN B00ETLVZUU

Back
Top Bottom