What's new

Today - March 2012

It was my 3rd time to climb this hill and it felt like a breakthrough today. First time was with Joe on the 20th this month.
I have noticed that my riding seems to improve in steps sometimes. Today felt very different from the other 2 times I climbed this hill.

I somehow felt more in control, HR responded like expected, legs worked fine all the way. I managed to cut 22minutes from my previous time :)

Congratulations, Andreas! That is great! Sounds like you're hooked on climbing now ;)

As I mentioned here two days ago, the TnM experience seems to have helped on one of my most frequent climbs on R246, where I'm now only 5 seconds behind my son on his carbon bike with his 33 year younger legs.

I have 50kms from my house to the start of the climb. Maybe I should take the train out to start the climb with fresh legs next time?

It all depends what you're after, better numbers or more achievement... Now, if you were to skip the ride out by bike in order to do two climbs in a row, that would be a whole different matter :climb01:

Skipping the ride out also makes sense if you have other places to go to afterwards, but I wouldn't do it just to get higher into the Strava high score.

I did 2hrs in Z2 on the fixie yesterday to recover from the previous days' 1hr power ride.

Today I did 5hrs in Z2 and a 35min LT effort on the Nariki Hill Climb course out in Ome.

Felt recovered and had a good ride, but was blown all around on the way back along the Tamagawa which took a bit out of me. Strong winds today.

Tomorrow is a day off (work) and bike maintenance, and I am thinking of a 2000+ meter ride for Sunday.

eimaiosatanas--I'm guessing, but I'm guessing you're at JAIST.

From where you are (given the above guess) you need to look at the river part of the ride. Look at my 9.5km entry point onto the levée as it goes down river to 美川 (about 13km). Down and back is a very nice ride, no traffic (an occasional car). Unfortunately, towards Mikawa, the scenery changes to concrete plants and other industrial stuff, but still, it's not too bad.

You can also go up river from the same entry point--either the regular roads or the 'Pony Canyon Cycling road'. (I switch back and forth depending on up or down, wind, traffic, wet spots, etc.). Good views of Haku-san.

If you missed it, here's the up-river portion:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/162624209

You can easily go further up from there, that's just one of my turn-around points.

Got a reflective mesh vest (1480 yen) to wear on top of my windbreaker:

IMG_2038.JPG

Reflective gear like this is required for the 300 km randonee since we'll be riding at night. I'll will wear it on my training ride on Sunday.

Got some vittoria zaffiro tires! They definitely are an improvement over the original tires I got with the defy. :D Weather permitting, I'll do an extensive test tomorrow!

eimaiosatanas--I'm guessing, but I'm guessing you're at JAIST.

From where you are (given the above guess) you need to look at the river part of the ride. Look at my 9.5km entry point onto the levée as it goes down river to 美川 (about 13km). Down and back is a very nice ride, no traffic (an occasional car). Unfortunately, towards Mikawa, the scenery changes to concrete plants and other industrial stuff, but still, it's not too bad.

You can also go up river from the same entry point--either the regular roads or the 'Pony Canyon Cycling road'. (I switch back and forth depending on up or down, wind, traffic, wet spots, etc.). Good views of Haku-san.

If you missed it, here's the up-river portion:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/162624209

You can easily go further up from there, that's just one of my turn-around points.

Well, let's just say that there aren't many places close to tedori-gawa where you can be a foreign student ;)

Even before I buy the new bike, the tedori-mikawa-ccz ride was my favorite, for a total of 40km! I used to do it with a mamachari, an average speed of ...10km for a total of 4hours of riding... Now, I want to push to the kenmin park to the north, go up saigawa, hit the yamakanjyo tunnels and head back to tsurugi... for a total of about ~60km? The weather keeps on getting better though and I'll try to ride as much as I can, pushing farther and farther. I want to do a 100km course before August comes around...

Since I'm a complete noob regarding climbing, I haven't yet bothered to go towards the mountains, I'd probably suffer more than actually enjoy the ride...

Sorted out my rear gsastuto carbon wheel, got the rear cassette on and adjusted. Pumped up my tyres to where they are meant to be. I had let them get softer and softer, made a few brake adjustments. Looking forward to taking it for a run tomorrow.

Just hope the wind drops

Lovely morning for riding.

84km 650m in the Tama area. Home by 9.30am

I ate Pizza for dinner last night and was regretting it for the first 30km....:confused:

Today I cycled 200 km in 16+ hours with 2700 m of climbing mostly around Mt Fuji. >> report with pics here <<

You just proved Einstein's theory to be incorrect by cycling so fast you ended up in March.

I hope you can do a recovery ride today that will bring you back to April.

If he`d done the ride with his son, that would also have explained it :beer:

You just proved Einstein's theory to be incorrect by cycling so fast you ended up in March.

I hope you can do a recovery ride today that will bring you back to April.

as in:

Cables to the flux capacitors hidden in the seat tube of my Bike Friday:

IMG_1851.JPG

Now where do I put that plutonium?

Back
Top Bottom