What's new

Today Today - March, 2014

I've come to the conclusion that people in left-hand drive imported cars are the worst drivers in Japan, even worse than the half-cut white truck drivers and taxi drivers.
I didnt mention this in my last post but I had my first run with a driver in Japan yesterday. Guess what? a left hand drive Porsche 911 with big exhausts set to "burble" on the lift off. Damn thing was almost backfiring every time he stopped accelerating, the good thing was I could hear him coming. He used the fact it was lhd to pass incredibly close even though there was no other traffic. Nearly had me in the river, I gave him a few choice gestures as he sped off. Almost felt like being at home.

I didnt mention this in my last post but I had my first run with a driver in Japan yesterday. Guess what? a left hand drive Porsche 911 with big exhausts set to "burble" on the lift off. Damn thing was almost backfiring every time he stopped accelerating, the good thing was I could hear him coming. He used the fact it was lhd to pass incredibly close even though there was no other traffic. Nearly had me in the river, I gave him a few choice gestures as he sped off. Almost felt like being at home.

These kind of drivers are like particularly dim spaniels: you can shout all you want, but they still won't understand what they've done wrong.

what was the plate number? you can post it in reverse so a google wont show up or you can post the pic.

We are not scared of any wannabe gangster nonce who reckons he is hard. Feel free to post the reg plate as it reads, and we (me) will back you up with IP addresses etc. of anyone who comes looking for trouble.

factory.jpg

90km ride in the wind and rain - ride home was like a 45km hill climb with heart rate only dropping down twice below 150bpm...
As for PRICK in Porsche - post picture here or Facebook etc so all can see what a **** looks like. On a normal ride I give the finger to at least 5 drivers. Mostly women!!!!

90km ride in the wind and rain - ride home was like a 45km hill climb with heart rate only dropping down twice below 150bpm...
As for PRICK in Porsche - post picture here or Facebook etc so all can see what a **** looks like. On a normal ride I give the finger to at least 5 drivers. Mostly women!!!!

POST OF THE YEAR.

Andy, please report when you get and use your Stages power meter :)
Where did you buy it?

Thanks
Robert

Will do! It was a bit of a faff to actually buy one, as they can't be officially imported into Japan and Stages probably won't have a distributor here until 2015 (I got this info directly from Stages' sales manager, btw). In the end I had to order one through Evans Cycles and have it shipped to my parents' house in the UK.

The Ultegra 6800 cranks were out of stock when I ordered, but I got an email today to say that they expect new stock to arrive on 7 April. Can't wait to get it on the bike and see just how rubbish I really am!

And yet curiously they consider themselves the BEST drivers in the world. Am I right? Re-education by Smith & Wesson… so tempting.

Damn boys. Go easy. I own one:) Of course I'd have much preferred a RHD version but it wasn't possible to find a manual with the spec/year I wanted (in japan). I'd like to think I'm pretty polite on the roads though. That's probably 'cause I get it out of my system in the proper surroundings at the track.

I think all motorists should be made commute on a bike where they get cut off and swept by with cms to spare by trucks and cars. Can't believe some of the moves folks pull. Probably a bit of vice-versa wouldn't be too bad either.

The Ultegra 6800 cranks were out of stock when I ordered, but I got an email today to say that they expect new stock to arrive on 7 April. Can't wait to get it on the bike and see just how rubbish I really am!
Good news - I'm hoping to pick up a set of these myself!

I have been out for some short rides, and today was the first day in shorts. Only 30km, but then 50 laps in the pool.

Almost made my March cross-training goal. A hair over 38km in the pool, (I was hoping for 40km, but wussed out yesterday). My school pool is closed Sundays and Mondays, maybe I could salvage 40 for March by using a public one.

My new saddle turned up while I was out riding yesterday. It's a cheapo one from Singapore so I'll have to see how it goes. It's full carbon which might work out well or be a total pain in the arse, quite literally. Weight wise it comes in at 113g, so 12g heavier than @WhiteGiant 's carbon seat ;)

he6y5yju.jpg

I too got a delivery yesterday... never been so excited before, washing my bike will be even more fun!
@Aron B I'm ready to give your trek a makeover now ;-) (Much delayed birthday present)
IMG_2198.jpg

@saibot, really hope you enjoy repacking bearing grease ;)

Back
Top Bottom