What's new

Tour de France 2015 (Spoilers)

He is British if he WINS!

That's right. Frankly, the idea of nationality and nationalism in a sport like cycling is shoddy. It is not a sport which pits country against country. It is literally about who is the baddest lengman on road. That is part of the attraction, and any mention of nationality is really disappointing.

I watched the froome interview about it being a 'British' win. What the fuck man. Nationality has no part in this. This is not a dig at him at all. It is criticism of the people asking these questions and more so the desire by the public in Britain for a 'British' win, like that is even an acceptable thing to want or say.

It is 2015. We have the Internet. We should be one massive culturally borderless species by now. Perpuating this idea of winning for a certain country or national identity is so lame.

Film grain filter over my face to make it blend in, FFS!!!!

Haha and I like how my glasses and the way the light is illuminating my nose makes it look like I have a comedy disguise on as well.

frowin.png

Quintana really did light it up on the D'huez last night.
He really can cut sick on the steep climbs.

Not a big fan of Froome getting booed.
To witness it live was quite irritating.
Regardless of nationality, a spider-like climbing style, and a personality that doesn't quite, 'click' with some fans, he should be given the respect that he deserves.
After all, he will be THE CHAMP!

The fans need to move on from that old style thinking that non-Europeans can't ride bicycles like Europeans.
Since 1986 (and even sporadically before that) we've seen that pro cycling glory can be achieved by anyone who has the guts and determination to succeed, no matter what nationality they are.

Film grain filter over my face to make it blend in, FFS!!!!

Haha and I like how my glasses and the way the light is illuminating my nose makes it look like I have a comedy disguise on as well.

View attachment 11752

You've also got a workers' cap to go on over your helmet. The boys at Glavlit didn't have time to expunge it. They will be sent for "retraining" shortly.

Reactions: TCC
The womens race is on at the moment.

Hannah Barnes is racing. She is ace.

frowin2-png.11753
I should also be on that podium after my previous post.
Will PM you a photo, just in case you have the Photoshop editing time available.

No more of those kind of pics please. I just ate my dinner.

Christ almighty, these women are constantly hitting the deck!

40kmph average speed at the moment, in the rain.

There was just a mass-crash, and some guy was seeing if they were alright. He had his hand on one of the riders arses, and she knocked his hand away! Busted!

This is the best womens race I have seen so far. I reckon this is the turning point for womens racing. There is still a lot or work needed to get them, ahem, up to speed in terms of racing technique, not crashing, holding the pack together, etc, but wow, they are fully going hard

really, going fully hard, who are we talking about now?

This is the best womens race I have seen so far. I reckon this is the turning point for womens racing. There is still a lot or work needed to get them, ahem, up to speed in terms of racing technique, not crashing, holding the pack together, etc, but wow, they are fully going hard

Not me mate. That would be sexist. And I am just counting down the days to gay legalisation, so I can marry @saibot

Sorry, I'm confused, now you're not going fully hard because your saving that till you can marry @saibot ?

Back
Top Bottom