What's new

Twin Ring Motegi 100km Cycling Marathon - Friday Jan 3rd 2014

Doug3

Maximum Pace
Jun 24, 2010
Would love to do this one again, fun race. Cold.

Unfortunately I won't be local on that day.... :(

Definitely want to do this again--like I said in the 2010 report, have unfinished business there. But probably not this year unfortunately.
It is a fun event, definitely recommend it.

Hi Doug, thanks for posting details about that race.

I'm interested in signing up for the 100km race (in the 40-49 age category). I have raced lots in London, but I'd like to try a race in Japan.

I'll be in Nishikawaguchi, Saitama (on holiday from London) at that time.

How could I travel from Nishikawaguchi, Saitama to the race track? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a rinko.

I'm interested in signing up for the 100km race (in the 40-49 age category). I have raced lots in London, but I'd like to try a race in Japan.

How could I travel from Nishikawaguchi, Saitama to the race track? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a rinko.

Unless you drive it's too hard to get there by train and ride there the day of the race. A local hotel the night before and there aren't many nearby...
Best to try get a lift if possible...
One of my friends rode there the night before and camped on the side of the road in a tent in the snow... there is often snow around there and sometimes the race is delayed while they melt the ice off the track...

Great to hear that you are interested. We will be in the same category. I still have extra space in my car, and will be willing to give you a ride, so I will PM you for the details.

I would like to do this but alas I am again out of the country at that time.
BTW there are a few cheap pensions right outside the gate to Motegi that are decent.

Great to hear that you are interested. We will be in the same category. I still have extra space in my car, and will be willing to give you a ride, so I will PM you for the details.
Doug, thanks for the offer of a lift in your car. Let's arrange the details by PM.

To take part in the 100km race, do I need to show any documentation (e.g. my British Cycling racing licence, medical certificate)?

I have a 3rd category racing licence in the UK. Do I need to be put into a particular category for this 100km race?

Or is it just assumed, for this 100km race, that everyone has similar racing ability/experience and only age categories are relevant?

Any advice would be appreciated.

To take part in the 100km race, do I need to show any documentation (e.g. my British Cycling racing licence, medical certificate)?

I have a 3rd category racing licence in the UK. Do I need to be put into a particular category for this 100km race?

Or is it just assumed, for this 100km race, that everyone has similar racing ability/experience and only age categories are relevant?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sanctioned by JBCF but it is a "Citizens" race so no documentation required.

You have two choices, expert class or age group. No difference in start time, so everyone runs together.

There is a very wide range of experience level present at this event. =ride at front to stay out of trouble. It is motorpaced for the first one or two laps to settle things down, then it blows open and you will be passing the slow people within a few laps.

Last year there was a break with 15km to go and the only ones who made the break were expert class.

Today, I signed up for the 100km race (in the 40-49 age category). I do not understand what "Expert Class" means, so I didn't select that option. Can anyone please explain what "Expert Class" means?

I'm looking forward to taking part in my first race in Japan and also my first race for TCC.

Today, I signed up for the 100km race (in the 40-49 age category). I do not understand what "Expert Class" means, so I didn't select that option. Can anyone please explain what "Expert Class" means?

I'm looking forward to taking part in my first race in Japan and also my first race for TCC.

Expert is generally self determined, as far as I can tell.

Back
Top Bottom