1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to sell a bike?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tadashi, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Tadashi

Tadashi Warming-Up

Hello,

I'm planning to sell my hybrid. I'm planning to buy a real road bike, so I don't need it anymore.

It's nothing fancy, just a cheap hybrid. Giant Escape R3 SE. I used it only for 1200 km, no scratches or anything.

Any tips for where to sell it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. thomas

thomas The Crank Engine Admin

Hi Tadashi,

why don't you try the TCC Classifieds section? :)

Other options include Yahoo Auctions or just ask your LBS (local bicycle shop) to sell it for you.

Good luck!

3. Tadashi

Tadashi Warming-Up

Oh, thanks, didn't notice it. :eek: I'll post there.

And about bike shops. They usually don't sell second hand bikes. Which ones do sell them?

4. thomas

Depending on how close you are to your jitenshaya-san, they might allow you to post a message at their shop. You could also post your bicycle to the JREF Classifieds.

5. Tadashi

Tadashi Warming-Up

Can you please name some shop that does it? I live in Nakano area.

6. thomas

I asked at my LBS today, they do not recommend to sell used bikes through shops as they tend to pocket hefty commissions. What they did recommend though is Yahoo Auctions. Good luck!

7. Tadashi

Tadashi Warming-Up

Yes, I asked a few shops and the price was really bad. But I managed to sell the bike through this site! :cool:

8. thomas

That's great news, Tadashi! Now get yourself a proper bike and join our rides! :)