1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ride Yokosuka Area. Official Ride Thread.

Discussion in 'Rides' started by bloaker, Oct 3, 2014.

1. bj_moore

bj_moore Cruising

So, does this mean people are still meeting at 0800 or is the ride actually cancelled.

2. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

The "ride" is canceled.

3. Alec Snow

Alec Snow Cruising

Is this ride still happening would love to try amd keep up for it maybe next Saturday?

4. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

I am not sure about next week, but 0630 this morning the group is rolling from the Mikasa 711

5. Bikedust

Bikedust Warming-Up

I'm interested in joining just not sure if I can keep up yet. I'm just beginning got a 2014 caad 10 a couple weeks ago. The furthest I rode so far is Kurihama.

6. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

We can get you up to speed. I am out of town a couple more weeks. Will hit you up when i am back

7. Bikedust

Bikedust Warming-Up

Sounds good I don't have biking gear currently I've just been riding in regular clothes.

8. aussieinjapan

aussieinjapan Fairdale Weekender Drop

This is one of the rides I've been meaning to do for some time. Last year I rode from Nerima to Kamakura several times (to see if I could) & really enjoyed the river course down from Machida to Fujisawa. Looking at the map the Miura Peninsula always looked good, but a bit too much on top of the ride to Fujisawa.

Been bike bagging more and more via train so figured if I take Fukutoshin line (direct) to China Town I can ride from Yokohama area to Yokosuka and around Miura.

Would you guys recommend the clockwise direction so that you are on the seaside of the road for most of the trip vs the anti-clockwise loop?

9. Astigken

Astigken Cruising

Clockwise is better.

bloaker likes this.
  10. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

Agreed - better views - but more importantly - it works better with traffic & the hills are more enjoyable that direction.
    Counter-Clockwise is fine, but just not as nice.

11. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

We are meeting up at 0600 this week.
    I will actually be there vs just relaying info.

Plan is to roll roughly 30kph.
    I have been doing off road only for most of the year, I suspect this is going to hurt me a little.

12. bj_moore

bj_moore Cruising

Just got back in country and am wondering if this ride is going on through the winter months and what the meet up time is. Thanks

13. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

This ride still takes place, however I am usually NOT on it. I have been spending my time off road.
    The group cancelled last week simply due to temperature. (we still rode off road!)

They often switch up the route as well. Sometimes Miura, other times, they may head out to Odawara, and yet other times they take the Ferry from Kurihama over to Chiba.

I will post up here this week once I know their plans so you can get a hold of them.