1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ride Yokosuka Area. Official Ride Thread.

Discussion in 'Rides' started by bloaker, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Navy Roller

Navy Roller Speeding Up

Would be nice if we get another ride like last week. . . That was great having all those riders out. . . I invited that guy from the ship who you all ran into. . .

2. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

If we go the "alternate" route and get to Oiso at 0930, we can run into those same guys that met with us on Sunday. They are heading to Manazuru.
    They are claiming "easy pace" - but that is what they claimed last week too! I would have to head back from that point, but you guys could continue on with them.
    That ride is very pretty. Just continue past Odowara a little bit and head out on the little peninsula

3. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

Another late start this week. 1030 at Womble Gate.
    We will be joining in with some riders from Atsugi/Yamato as they do a Miura loop and then head back.
    They will stop for lunch somewhere - probably in the Zushi-Kamakura area... if you want to join them, be sure to bring some yen.

4. Navy Roller

Navy Roller Speeding Up

Awesome ride today. . . Is anyone riding on Sunday? Some folk(s) from the ship want to ride. . .

5. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

I am not available. As of right now I don't know anyone riding tomorrow, but if you suggest a time, I can post it over on the FB page.

6. Navy Roller

Navy Roller Speeding Up

Meeting at Womble at 0800 on SUN 15 FEB! Anyone local feel free to ride. . .

7. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

Do to a small conflict, tomorrow's ride will take off at 0730.
    Please note the 30 minute delay from the regular start time.

Meet at Womble Gate 7-11.

8. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

We will be rolling tomorrow from Womble Gate - 0700.

Tomorrow's weather looks to be perfect!

pedalist likes this.
  9. pedalist

pedalist Speeding Up

I'll try to make it, but I'm running a little short on sleep. I hope I'll be on time.

10. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

Hope to see you, but if you can't make it no worries. There is next week too.
    Just in case your knee needs more recovery.

11. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

@pedalist - Glad you made it out. Hope you enjoyed yourself. The wind was something awful and had the pace all kinds of messed up.

12. pedalist

pedalist Speeding Up

Yep! Had a great time and surely would like to join again. Next weekend maybe?
    The pace was a little messy, but it was fun as well. It definitely was some good exercise and I would never be able to go that pace without you guys.
    Anyway, let's hope for many more sunny weekends to come.
    By the way, my knee complains a little, but rather less than usual.
    Thanks.

13. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

Today was funky. We started off slower than usual - probably due to wind. Then we picked it up in a few spots we normally chill.
    We never got into our normal rhythm that usually leave me sucking wind to keep up.

14. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

Tomorrow morning looks to be wet.
    I will be hiking in the AM vs riding.
    Anyone interested in hiking let me know and I can give you details.

15. pedalist

pedalist Speeding Up

Are you guys heading out tomorrow morning? If so, I would be happy to join again. Only I got a community meeting after lunch and might have to drop out earlier, depending on your planned route.
    Btw, @bloaker I saw you MTB pics. Cool stuff. It looks like there are still places to explore in the Miura/Shonan area.

#95 pedalist, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  16. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

Yes! We are, I am just being lazy with posting. 0700 At the 7/11 by Mikasa Park.

Tons of place to explore still. I have found even more trail heads I have yet to hit.

17. pedalist

pedalist Speeding Up

Thanks.
    I had my MTB time in my teens, but not too serious and definitely with no eye for the beauty of the landscape. At the moment I'm compensating it with hiking, but hitting trails on a bike is tempting. Anyway, some day.

18. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

Tomorrow's ride is on.
    0700 start.
    Rt 16 7/11 by Mikasa Park

19. Top Rawman

Top Rawman Cruising

Miura or Oiso?

20. bloaker

bloaker Maximum Pace
    Post Of The Week

Miura is the plan. Doesnt mean things cant change in the morning if there is a consensus.