What's new

Ride Yokosuka Area. Official Ride Thread.

I might show up, but don't wait for me if I 'm not there by 0700. I'm still not sure about my neck yet. I'll make it a Saturday morning decision.

Saturday's weather seems not too great as for now. Is anyone in for a Sunday ride in case Saturday is rained out?

I will ask around, however I am unavailable Sunday morning.

Hi all! New to the club and cycling. I live in Yokohama and I'd love to get more involved in group events.

Is the Yokosuka ride a regular thing? How long do you typically ride?

@bloaker it looks like we've got a real chance for dry weather tomorrow morning. 0700 at 7-11 as usual?

@Sean the Yokosuka/Miura ride is a pretty regular thing, starting Saturdays 0700 in Yokosuka. We are usually riding around 80-90 km from Yokosuka to Zushi/Kamakura/Enoshima going along the coast line of the Miura peninsula. We are mostly rolling at little over 30kph in the flats.

@pedalist - the ride is on for Miura.... pending.
If it is still raining come 0600, I am going to call off riding as road conditions will not be ideal for visibility.

@Sean - You are welcome to join. Riding down from Yokohama will take roughly 1 hour.
Follow rt 16 straight down. When you get into Yokosuka, we meet at the 7/11 by Mikasa Park.

Alright, let's hope for the rain to stop soon and the streets have enough time to dry up a little.

Roads on my side of town are still wet with drizzle still.
In the interests of safety and flat tires - calling off this mornings ride.

That doesn't mean others can go out and enjoy the ride - I just won't be there. :)

Possibly a long ride tomorrow starting in Zushi

I'm out for today and will be riding tomorrow.
Be safe and have fun everyone who's going today.

@bloaker @pedalist thanks a bunch guys. I will look to join up with you some time. Because I have a wife and dogs, what kind of time commitment are we looking at, factoring in the ~2 hours round trip between Yokohama and end point?

1 hour to the meet up point in Yokosuka.
Average 3 hours to get back to Zushi on the loop.
From there, 1 hour back to Yokohama.

You should be home for lunch.

@Sean you also could jump on the train for your way home if you're on tight schedule. JR from Zushi station or Keikyu from Shi-Zushi station. I've never taken the train with my bike in Japan yet, but it looks like all you need is a bike bag. I'm sure there are lots of people here on TCC who could give advice.

As of now, yes. Have not checked the weather forecast - but if no rain, we are a go.

Yup - "Womble Gate" - is the second entrance to the base, the 7/11 is out front.

Back
Top Bottom