What's new

Today April 2017

On the way home from my commute last week, the wind had picked up a bit. I decided to leave my large backpack with clothes at my desk and just take a small bumbag with my wallet, phone,face towel, used undies "etc" and fly home... As there was a headwind in the morning that slowed me down, I thought I'd have a nice tailwind and set out to be home within an hour... When I approached the Edogawa I found the wind to be a strong Westerly. On the river it was pushing me sideways with strong bursts... had to get off and walk some sections... 4km later with 7 to get home it became the headwind from hell... Took me 2 hours to get home.
With a km to go I was thinking of jumping in a hot bath as the wind was quite chilly and I only had my summer kit on.
This is when I had the 'Oh, shit!' realization that in the morning I had slipped the house key into the top pocket of my large backpack that was back at my office desk.

Option 1: LINE my ex-wife who works about 500m from home if she had a spare key with her. No.
Option 2: Wait 6 hours in the cold for my gf to come home from work. Maybe go to a coffee shop.
Option 3: Go and get my son's key. 2km walk, train, 2km walk and then back again...

While checking all the windows the sudden urge to go to the toilet for a dump made things all the more interesting...

Couldn't wait... took the dogs dog poo bucket from the garden into the shed and let it go. Then had to clean up with a small towel I had with me... once dry..once washed with the hose... all clean and refreshed... The sun would be going down soon and it was getting colder and colder...

Opted for #3 and went to get my son's key...

Got home at 10:30p.m 5 minutes before my gf arrived. The summer cycling kit on the train with my cycling shoes wasn't as embarrassing as it should have been. It was very chilly out...

All in all...a good day of exercising.
17kms of walking and 5okm on the bike...

I now have a spare key in a Amazon product ASIN B013DQ30K4
safely hidden outside....

Lesson learned...

Back when I had a driveway I'm assuming it was a drunk salaryman who decided his best option was to crouch down behind my car and do a huge poo there.

Mostly, when it confronted me on that musty summer morning I was amazed at the size and creamyness of it - like a slightly globbed down hershey's kiss.

Is bigger better? New tires on today, gone up to 28c
I'm liking! Anyone else sizing up?

Back when I had a driveway I'm assuming it was a drunk salaryman who decided his best option was to crouch down behind my car and do a huge poo there.

Mostly, when it confronted me on that musty summer morning I was amazed at the blah blah blah of it - like a slightly blah blah blah blah .
oh FFS, some things can't be unread. I was thinking about giving up chocolate next month as well. Thanks.......

Is bigger better? New tires on today, gone up to 28c
I'm liking! Anyone else sizing up?
Yep, I went up to 28mm about 6mnths ago, much smoother ride and haven't noticed much difference in speed. It feels a bit "dull" at first but that's just the reduction in road noise. More comfy = more better, I reckon.

28c for a while now. Kept thinking I had a flat as I run them with quite low pressure, 65psi, but everything is fine. Speed seems fine, feel seems fine, no punctures as yet. To be totally honest I don't think I noticed much of a difference at all. I'm just thick like that.

right now 28mm, but actual size is 30mm, like riding on clouds ;)
Personally never going below 28 again.

I played tour guide for a minute today...
Took a buddy around to see some "off the main path" sites.

18193459_10155172885287808_5154525929998750849_o.jpg

18193760_10155482222112223_5855170427694977777_n.jpg

Big ride today as I get ready for Tokyo~Itoigawa in 2 weeks time.

Trying to simulate the efforts of the event I took on this climb (Mt. Yahiko) with 166 km in the legs. On race day the big climb comes after 180 clicks, so I was perhaps a little fresher today!

A nice headwind on the way home is similar to what I expect on race day too.

Good stuff.

The usual blog here:

http://www.jyonnobitime.com/time/2017/04/build-3-week-2-2.html

A great time of the year to be on the bike. Get on it!

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

First real ride in a new pair of shoes, Sidi wire in fluro yellow. WTF! I seem to get a static electric shock if I touch any metal while on the bike. For example, holding guard rail at traffic lights..... Zap!

Back
Top Bottom