What's new

Green Line to Oume - Sunday, April 15th

Sure no problem, quick question, what sort of temps are we looking at up in the hills. Summer gear? Fingerless gloves no toe warmers kind of weather?

Sure no problem, quick question, what sort of temps are we looking at up in the hills. Summer gear? Fingerless gloves no toe warmers kind of weather?

I'll be checking again in the morning, but as we speak, I expect we'll have temps from a low of 11C to a high of 18C tomorrow. I'd recommend wearing light layers so you can adjust as needed.

I'll be there too Pete.

I'll be riding from Yokohama (Aoba ku), crossing the Tama river at Noborito or Yanokuchi about 6:30am.

I'll ride home from Oume down the Tama river to Noborito or there abouts.

Anyone else?

Dave

Dave, this would have been perfect for me had I been able to join tomorrow. Have to be home by noon though so a no-go.

Keep those greenline rides coming Pete. Next time for sure.

Cheers
F

I'll be there too Pete.

I'll be riding from Yokohama (Aoba ku), crossing the Tama river at Noborito or Yanokuchi about 6:30am.

I'll ride home from Oume down the Tama river to Noborito or there abouts.

Anyone else?

Dave

Thanks ! See you tomorrow at FamilyMart I'll be coming up from Yoyogi. See you then ! Looking forward to it ..

Won't be riding this one after all lads; need to be at home in the early afternoon.

Have a good one.

I'll be out on the Arakawa for a while today if anyone else is going down there. I have to be home early-ish though, and an important package is arriving at my place that I can not afford to miss.

Maybe see someone out by the river...

Let me know how this ride goes and also what the roads are like after the rain yesterday.

Great ride today! Thanks for organizing Pete. Got home with 100km and 1300m on the clock
(if I add the 6km or so that I forgot to turn the navi on for after lunch.

Was great to meet you guys and hit a few hills. I was expecting steeper hills so I am happy I could get up and back with some good attacks on the hills, and all in one piece. It. Was my first and not last mountain experience and of course the descending was a lot of fun. We took it pretty easy on the descents as there was still some wet and rocky crap littered about.

Tom G and I hit the ejector button early to get back for some family time. So we blasted down the 299 and jumped a train home. The rinko bag was more challenging than it needed to be and my final attempt was a bit of a joke. But I guess as long as you look like you tried right??.

Anyway greAt day looking forward to the next. Over and out from my couch!! Ha ha ha

Just got home... It was great meeting all of you today and I really enjoyed seeing what it looks like outside of Tokyo! Pete, thanks for organizing. I hope to join you guys again soon.

How was the road surface on the Green Line?

I am aiming to ride there on Thursday, so any info about how wet, messy it was would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Owen

It was fine, bit of here and there. We had one flat tyre, but there was nothing that couldn't really be avoided in terms of wet fauna or rocks. Of course I didn't ride the entire course. But for the section I did it was fine.

Hi guys,

Had a great first ride with TCC, I enjoyed it immensely. Being able to do proper climbing starting from home is awesome. I made it back home from Oume without really getting lost, took me almost two hours and 45km though.

Roads were fine, some had gravel, sand or small rocks. Nothing really unsafe.

Thanks for the guidance and the company, hope to do many more rides.

Cheers,

Aron

Back
Top Bottom