What's new

Wiki Splitting traffic rules

wimpy

Warming-Up
Jul 14, 2016
While out riding today, the traffic was banked up for a red light and I was scooting between the stopped cars and the gutter (This is legal in Australia) when a pedestrian stepped out in front of me from between the cars. I wasn't rolling very fast but I couldn't stop in time and he got a brifter in the kidney and a cleat to the shin. He gave me a sour look and walked away. There were no lights or zebra crossing. Was I at fault?

It's illegal to overtake on the left, so technically yes. Also you are a bike and he a pedestrian so again this makes it your fault.
But I am so sick of idiots doing this in traffic. Good on you for ramming him and getting away with it even if it was an accident. The laws of common sense are on your side,

@George5 Thanks, thats a good link. So you are also expected to check the front of each car for pedestrians. Not very practical in a row of 30+ cars, i guess slow rolling is the key.

Cheers, for the help

It seems odd that this is in the wiki section.

There is no accepted riding practice presented here, just something for discussion.

I move that this be deleted from the wiki, moved to general discussion..., something like that

It seems odd that this is in the wiki section.

There is no accepted riding practice presented here, just something for discussion.

I move that this be deleted from the wiki, moved to general discussion..., something like that

Sure, I thought the same thing once I'd posted it.

Sure, I thought the same thing once I'd posted it.
If you, the thread author, scroll back to the top of the thread there should be a 'Thread Tools' link from where you can change or remove the flair.

Back
Top Bottom