What's new

Training Ride Tuesday Morning Tama Training Thread

Hi guys!
Just discovered this TCC website. I live in Yokohama and cycle to work near Shibuya every day. Your Tuesday morning ride sounds pretty attractive to me. I consider myself in good condition, so I hope I can keep up!

Mind if I join next week?

Jan

Hi Jan,
Happy to have you along! I normally post on Monday evening with updates. We meet at 5:45 here every Tuesday morning, and aim to return to the meeting place by 7:05 am. Some may stay longer to do repeats on a popular hill, but that extra fun is purely optional!

We'll be meeting here tomorrow morning at 5:45 as usual. Back at the meeting place by 7:05 (extra fun hill repeats optional). Should be a nice clear morning!

Anyone can turn up for this, correct? Perhaps I will try this ride next week if I can wake up early enough, I will be the overweight balding white guy!

Hi @alex.s.james
Yes! Anyone can turn up. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow if you can make it and the weather holds.
At the moment the forecast says very light rainfall overnight, but the radar shows a massive rain blob menacing its way across Western Japan. We'll see how that goes. Will post updates later.
Meeting place: Link
Meeting time: 5:45 am

Roads will most likely be very wet still even if the rain stops in time, so no ride from me tomorrow. There may be one on Wednesday instead. Further updates to come.

Hi, have been living and riding near the Tamagawa for 5 months now and just joined this group today. Have been doing 30ish km rides as heat is not my friend, but the cooler temps are ideal for 50+ km sessions. Very keen for rides in your area or closer to Haneda too. Hope to join if possible. If I'm a no show it's only because of the start time. But Wednesday is an open day for me. Will be on a Avanti Corsa SL. Thanks. Todd.

@alex.s.james and @NZinTokyo (and anyone else who cares to join), we will be doing the training tomorrow (Wednesday), meeting at the same time and place indicated by @GrantT above.

The weather is currently forecast to be fine, if a little chilly.

Appreciate the update. I Am going to be there for sure. Avanti bike and Kit if anyone is looking...
See you there.

Last edited:
Have arrived. Meeting cycle path or footpath at over bridge?
Pls shout out if you see me in black and white kit with white helmet.
Nice.

Tomorrow will be a persimmon special. After a few hills, we'll visit a secret grove of persimmon trees to fill out ceops with sweet juicy nectar. Bring a small knife (and step ladder).for best results.
Usual time and place

Time to blow out the cobwebs formed during a week of avoiding the rain. Usual time and place for some sharp hills tomorrow morning. Weather is looking clear and fresh.

Back
Top Bottom