What's new

9th Fuji International Hillclimb

ALL CARBON frames MUST BE UCI APPROVED.

This is incorrect - currently only wheels ridden in sactioned and UCI or offical races need UCI approval. Frames are only a guideline at present and means that they meet the geometry and sizing laid out frames that do not have the UCI approval sticker are required to have their geometry checked also any frame that was on the market before 2012 does not need UCI approval. Frames released or in production as of 2012 will be required to have UCI approval for UCI races and sactioned races.

And for the record thats frames and forks of any materials not just carbon.

But really why you are brining this up for Funride events? Wy would you need a UCI approved bike thats like saying all mamchari and kidds kick bikes require UCI approval.

Thanks, Dave! I guess my hat's in the ring now! Decided for sure to do this l'eroica. Little concerned about my aging shoes (and body), but don't seem to have any Cinelli M71's floating around... so will just try to make do with some new Bindas and swap in the steel clips. Everything else should be kosher.

La Eroica! Jonathon was suggestiong that to me today, too. I would love to ride that kind of event. I've seen a few nice old bikes around in Japan too. There might be enough people to make an event.

Where would I get a 28t for my screw on maillard I wonder?

My bike might be just a year or two too new though.

Dave

Cool, you'll be even more l'eroica than I was going to be. I was going to be cheating with a modern 39t/29t gear and brake cables hidden under my bar tape.

As Obi-wan kenobi once said, "May the force be with you".

Dave

You guys make me laugh, it was riders like Mercx, Lemond, Figon and Hinult that pushed the modern wonders of technology in to the sport.

But still would love to get the Concorde out here ....just got to convinve my father its in his best interest to give me my bike back.

You guys make me laugh, it was riders like Mercx, Lemond, Figon and Hinult that pushed the modern wonders of technology in to the sport.

But still would love to get the Concorde out here ....just got to convinve my father its in his best interest to give me my bike back.

Yes, it's all good fun. Give your old man a call. Will he swap it for one of your plastic training bikes?

I kind of got back into cycling to ride my old bike, a modern wonder of technology like those guys rode. If only I could ride as fast. Tim's bike would be Hinault era, mine and your Concorde Lemond/Fignon. All great old stuff.

If I were racing though, I would want another plastic fantasic with Dura Ace for sure. It will be interesting to hear from Tim after Sunday how many seconds faster he feels a carbon bike with all the light weight parts etc might have been on Azami.

I offered him my FP3 but he also rides the top of the range Boardman bike (He knows a few people)

I think its basically the hassle of living in a small village and getting the bike to a major post office that will then ship it out.

Yeah, for the same reason, mine stayed in NZ for years until I was down there and I boxed it myself.

For sure the plastic bikes are faster - in terms of being lighter and stiffer. And the modern groupsets allowing for wider gear range allow for better torque optimization. Personally I like using historic items - there is a sense of connecting with the essence of the bridge of time. Whether it be a few laps in a Tyrrell, a couple of Immelmans in a P-51 or mashing up a hill a la Pedro Delgado. These are just fun rides with no series points involved, so, I choose to have a little fun and raise a little hell on the hill!

Yes, it's all good fun. Give your old man a call. Will he swap it for one of your plastic training bikes?

I kind of got back into cycling to ride my old bike, a modern wonder of technology like those guys rode. If only I could ride as fast. Tim's bike would be Hinault era, mine and your Concorde Lemond/Fignon. All great old stuff.

If I were racing though, I would want another plastic fantasic with Dura Ace for sure. It will be interesting to hear from Tim after Sunday how many seconds faster he feels a carbon bike with all the light weight parts etc might have been on Azami.

Back on topic, I'm gonna ride from Shin Matsuda over Ashigara on Saturday if anyone would care to join me? I'll totally spin over the climb bit not sure about time yet as I'm not sure what when I have to check in for the JBCF race. also it looks like rain so I may time it to avoid it if possible! Anyone?

I'm looking at doing the same - just depends on weather. What time will you depart from Shin Matsuda?

Back on topic, I'm gonna ride from Shin Matsuda over Ashigara on Saturday if anyone would care to join me? I'll totally spin over the climb bit not sure about time yet as I'm not sure what when I have to check in for the JBCF race. also it looks like rain so I may time it to avoid it if possible! Anyone?

Space Available

Does anyone want my place in the race?

I am unable to make it due to work commitments. If so please send me a PM and I will send the entry forms to you.

Lee

The weather looks like it is closing in for the weekend!! Is it a rain hail or shine event?:(

Anyway Hope it clears for you guys!:bike:

Tim, I'll go by the weather so I cant make a decision until Friday night. As for the single rooms, just a suggestion but how about getting the snorers into them, so at least tje communal room is quiet.

how about getting the snorers into them
Someone specific in mind? :D

As for the rinko options, I'll probably ride out from Gotemba or Suruga-Oyama if it's raining. I'll be more than happy to ride out from Shin-Matsuda with you only if there's no rain... which is not so much likely.

Eugen

Couldn't agree with you more!

Tim, I'll go by the weather so I cant make a decision until Friday night. As for the single rooms, just a suggestion but how about getting the snorers into them, so at least tje communal room is quiet.

So lets gather in the communal room and hash it out..if there are no snorers then we'll draw straws! Seems like the fairest way to me!

Warning: Mike is not a snorer but he does get up about 30 times in the night to go for a piss!

Warning: Mike is not a snorer but he does get up about 30 times in the night to go for a piss!

Ha ha ha ha! Yeah I was thinking about putting this into the my post...maybe worse than a snorer:confused: I honestly don't know what happened that night, usually I'll go twice at most!

I plan to ride back to Tokyo (Meguro ku) after the race - currently 20% chance of rain on
Sunday as opposed to 40% on Saturday. Will go via Yamanaka ko and then either Doshimichi or the rindo further north. Companions welcome. I'll be the only person in Subashiri wearing Dubai Roadsters kit.

Jonathan

Back
Top Bottom