What's new

Today April 2018

Wednesday the 25th, my second daughter will be born. So I am going to be out of commission for a while with regards to the bike.
To celebrate, a few of my closer buddies got together to ride at 0700 yesterday. We took a break at Taketoriyama to have a snack, trail beers, and just enjoy my last ride for a little while.

upload_2018-4-22_5-35-26.png

While I wasn't able to do a single ride besides commuting in April last year, this year's April has been much better due to great weather.
I got my first 200km ride in on Saturday finishing my first 300km week of the year. Those are still small numbers compare to the rest of my cycling group here in Berlin, but as long as I'm able to keep up their pace druing group rides I'm happy.
Next month we've planned our first 300km of the season. I just hope the weather will last.
Anyway, even though cycling here is fun, I'm still missing the hills and mountains of Japan. Maybe I can make a short trip to the Alps or so happen this summer. We'll see.
I hope all of you are enjoying the time before rainy season kicks in.
Nice and safe riding everyone.

Btw, @bloaker congratulations.

Wednesday the 25th, my second daughter will be born. So I am going to be out of commission for a while with regards to the bike.
First of all, congratulations. Any reason you know this so precisely in advance? Will your wife have an induced delivery? (My wife's due date is the 27th, although our daughter gives no indication that she would like to see the outside world yet …)

Last edited:
First of all, congratulations. Any reason you know this so precisely in advance? Will your wife have an induced delivery? (My wife's due date is the 27th, although our daughter gives no indication that she would like to see the outside world yet …)
Thank you and yes....
Gestational hypertension...this is a scheduled C-section.
Our first was induced on a thursday.... on that Saturday we had an emergency c-section.
Neither of us want to go through that again.

Thank you and yes....
Gestational hypertension...this is a scheduled C-section.
Our first was induced on a thursday.... on that Saturday we had an emergency c-section.
Neither of us want to go through that again.
Good point. And good luck for you.
(Just to be safe, I got my last big 6-hour ride in yesterday, the weather was just too beautiful. I know I might have to, ahem, compromise once the newborn is here. :D)

My life for a bit...

Mommy & baby are healthy.
0807, April 25th
3.2kg
49cm

My home... 3 girls and me.

31297445_10156226228542808_6107204922363609088_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom