What's new

Bike Crimes!

I don't know if it will be considered a crimeor not but here it is!

My not rate a Bike Crime, but it certainly is a crime against Porsche :rolleyes:

The presenters of TOP GEAR may not agree with you.... infact they may go as far to say its the best Porsche ever made :D

The presenters of TOP GEAR may not agree with you.... infact they may go as far to say its the best Porsche ever made :D

Clarkson maybe, but not the Hamster, he LOVES anything Porsche :D

I think they only did it to take the piss out of Richard Hammond.
That said, why don't they make a version of it where all four passengers can put power to the drive train - with 4 guys pedalling, and the proper gearing, you could probably get a comfortable cruising speed of near 50km/h (30mph).
Any engineers out there with a spare 1,000 hours & a wad of cash?;)

infact they may go as far to say its the best Porsche ever made :D

Impossible... anything that goes slower than 200mph, scores below 400bhp on the dyno and can't pull a full opposite lock through the hammer-head is far from best for the boys.

But as Travis said, they can go to any limits to piss off Hammond specially when it comes to Porsches and bikes!

Can't see the crime here

HAHAHAHAHAHA....thank you. I think interval training is sending me blind! :confused:

Took me a couple of seconds to see it too. My eyes arent used to such stupidity. Very good find.

Yesterday`s additions (whilst out for a short slow spin to recover from my first ever time trial on Sunday - have to write blog later) was seeing a youth (16 yo? male) with what would be the stays from his mudguards pulled out and stuck upwards so looked like a kind of `V` from the front. He had also done the same with the back ones. Is that this season`s fashion trend for tw!ts? Must be getting old, just looked stupid.

The second, was my favourite: a man with two dogs, one either side of him. I stayed behind as unsure if it was safe to pass and I admit it, I wanted to watch him crash. Anyway, he stopped at one little bridge (we were cycling along by one of the water channels) and his dog on the left started p!ssing, but he wanted to go, so tugged the dog (it was small) got half way across the road and then his other dog decided to join in (and being the bigger dog he couldn`t shift it). So he was there stuck in the middle of the road with the cars wanting to pass, the other pedestrians and cyclists staring at him and his dog merrily p!ssing away. He didn`t look a happy bunny so I just thought I should make my excuses and leave.

This is reaching a few years back, but in Osaka, I was riding a downhill, and came over a crest to find a university girl with her elbows on the handlebars, putting on makeup, headed right at me. :eek:

How many points does that rate? To be fair, it was a private university road that had very limited car use, but wrong side of the road, and putting on makeup on a hill?

Not on a cycle but scooter, I came across a late teens/ early twenties girl riding one handed with what I thought was a bag of shopping cradled to her chest. I thought "What an idiot" only to draw level and see it was a baby!:eek:

Tonight I was cooking on Yasukuni-dori when a woman on her lightless mama-chari pulled out from behind a parked car...

So to be clear... she was salmoning on a four-lane road with a median, and a speed limit of 50kph.

At night. In the door zone of the parked cars.

Smoking, texting on her keitai, with no helmet. Couldn't see any reflectors either, and if you wanna get even nit-pickyer, she was wearing dark clothes.

I had time, so I just stopped. When she got close to me, I bellowed sumimasen about as loud as I could, and almost gave her a heart attack. I'm thinking she didn't learn anything, though one can hope.

Not on a cycle but scooter, I came across a late teens/ early twenties girl riding one handed with what I thought was a bag of shopping cradled to her chest. I thought "What an idiot" only to draw level and see it was a baby!:eek:

There is no written test for reproduction. (sigh)

Saw a similar thing today. Middle aged women with two children, a two or three year old in a back seat and she was cradling a baby that couldn't have yet had its first birthday. No lights, no helmets and a massive bag of shopping in the front basket.

Well I have no photo and it did not happen in Japan but the craziest thing I saw was when I was young and working as a mechanic at a local bike shop. I had a client come in complaining the bike they recently bought had poor braking. At immediately realized why this was. THE WHOLE BIKE WAS COVERED IN VASALINE! The client figured this would inhibit rust. :confused:

Not a crime as such, but apparently they have now made it illegal to smoke whilst riding a bicycle here in Kochi. But...there is no penalty here if you are caught doing it; If caught doing it, all a :cop: can do is `direct the miscreant to stop` :gun: Surely they must have realised by now that few people obey laws where there is no enforcement or penalty :confused: On that note, I still think that putting red (traffic) light cameras up would make a sizeable hole in Japan`s budget deficit.

.......On that note, I still think that putting red (traffic) light cameras up would make a sizeable hole in Japan`s budget deficit.

All they would have to do is put a speed camera up on the street in front of my shop, after 9 PM it becomes a racing zone for taxis and every arse that owns a fast car. The speed limit is 40 Km/h but I can tell you at night cars go by in excess of 100 Km/h all the time. It is bloody taking you life in your hands crossing even at a cross walk with the traffic light red and the walk like green, these cagers are going so fast, they cannot stop for stupid traffic light.

The local merchants association complained to the cops, so now they send a bicycle patrol by once every couple of hours, talk about taking a knife to a gun fight :eek:

Back
Top Bottom