What's new

Cycling beginner! Hello!

yuju_jp

Warming-Up
Jun 27, 2016
I'm yuju, just found this community because my friend was here.
I'm planning to cycling this weekend, but i'm just a beginner.

My cycling mileage is 40 km so far. My first cycling trip was tamagawa river-side and I was exhausted!
This weekend I'm planning to go training again, any recommendation how I can improve my performance?

66fbf25c5fa7ffe01aa7f70efa3863dd.png

Hi Yuju, best way to mprove your cycling is to ride more. Can you ride during the week? If you can that will help. When you ride along the rivers try to catch people in front of you or if people pass you try to hang with them,(safely). It is all about time on the saddle turning the pedals. Make sure your bike fits you. Ride safe.

Hi Yuju, best way to mprove your cycling is to ride more. Can you ride during the week? If you can that will help. When you ride along the rivers try to catch people in front of you or if people pass you try to hang with them,(safely). It is all about time on the saddle turning the pedals. Make sure your bike fits you. Ride safe.
Hi! I was thinking to ride during the week but I'm being lazy to do that...
I'm doing weight training 3 or 4 times in a week. But yea I know this my training isn't good for bicycle. I need to do aerobike training in my program though.

> try to catch people in front of you or if people pass you try to hang with them
Yea, I will try it this weekend!

One good way to improve is to have a goal to work towards. There is a nice mostly river-side route along the Tamagawa then Asagawa to the countryside out west of Tokyo. Maybe try following this route (link) and getting a bit further each time until you reach the mountains. And once you get to the mountains, climb one!

> try to catch people in front of you or if people pass you try to hang with them
Yea, I will try it this weekend!
Just be aware that a lot of people (including myself) don't like strangers drafting behind them. I don't trust people I don't know to be sitting right on my rear wheel.

Yes> Ride more.
But Jebus George speed play and draughting safely with 40km in the saddle is a contradiction.
Yes> Make sure the bike fits you. Thread 10 pages. What does that even mean to a cycling beginner?

Hi Yuju. Spin don't push! Ride in circles not squares! Maybe your mate in the TCC kit can explain if he is an experienced cyclist. Don' get fixated on your times or distances for now. The first thing you want to develop is a fluid and symmetrical high cadence riding style. (There might be a thread somewhere?). You can do some high cadence training as recovery between your weight training sessions without becoming exhausted.

Back
Top Bottom