1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fukuoka to Osaka - What's the route like?

Discussion in 'Routes' started by TrekFX, Apr 16, 2017.

1. TrekFX

TrekFX Warming-Up

Hello! Before I start I just want to say that I know a similar thread was started a few years ago but I feel like that one doesn't really cover my question.

Fukuoka to Osaka, this route doesn't seem to be very popular among cyclists? I can't find much information about this route either way. Has anyone here done it? What was it like? Was it scenic, hilly, industrial, tedious?

I don't actually live in Japan but I wanted to go visit a friend in Osaka, that's why I want to/have to go the Fukuoka - Osaka route.

Thank you.

2. GrantT

GrantT Maximum Pace
    Ride Leader Post Of The Week

Hello.

There are thousands of roads between Fukuoka and Osaka, and most are completely mapped out with Google Street View. Go take a look!

Forsbrook likes this.
  3. TrekFX

TrekFX Warming-Up

I just thought that there must be a popular route that people usually go by, but maybe I was mistaken :) I'll have a look, thanks!

4. Winston Leg-Thigh

Winston Leg-Thigh Speeding Up

Not that I've done all of it, but you could go across Kyushu to Beppu via Ukiha, Hita, Kusu, and Yufuin, then get the ferry over to Ehime. From there use the Shimanami Kaido to get to Onomichi in Hiroshima.
    Hiroshima to Osaka I've got no idea, sorry.

5. jdd

jdd Maximum Pace
    Hardest Crash

6. TrekFX

TrekFX Warming-Up

7. jdd

jdd Maximum Pace
    Hardest Crash