What's new

Garmin and strava seg. Discrepancies

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
Fairly annoying when you get to the top of a climb hit the lap button get a time. Get home upload it and have strava. Add 30 or 40 seconds to the time.

I thought it might be because the signal drops and it auto pauses but I don't have the auto pause function set....

Any other ideas as to why it does this?

The GPS can be a bit off, depending on how much of a clear view of the sky you've got. I always roll way past the finish point to make sure that it registers properly. One of the worst offenders for this is Shiraishi: you have to roll down past that drink-selling guy to make sure Strava/Garmin Connect knows you've crossed the finish line.

Stavr does say to run yourself a few hundred meters off the front and back of each segment. I have also been there!

I was getting wrong timings on my Shiraishi segment then @saibot used some witchlike power to see what was going on with it. My GPS route had me riding through the trees above the actual road so I was missing the finish point. On my last climb of Shiraishi, I kept way over to the left and it finally registered a correct time.

Looks like there is about 40 seconds of standing still time at the beginning of your Wada segment. Probably just due to starting too close to the start of the segment.

Oh well there we have it. I guess but when did we sit anywhere for 40seconds? We sat there for a few minutes to drink that coke then we rode up?

I got the same last time up shiraishi as well...
The strange (or not) thing is that I do t recall regularly seeing this discrepancy before.

Back
Top Bottom