What's new

Hey there, newbie in sagamihara

alvin

Warming-Up
Mar 6, 2018
Hi, my name is Alvin. been live in tokyo and move to sagamihara for the past 3 years. I`m an animator from Indonesia.

been riding mamachari for the past 2 years and decide to get road bikes last year, and oh boy it change this hobby for me to almost like a obsession.

I`m planning to do a trip from tokyo to osaka on golden week. this will be my first long trip. Been doing research on it for couple months and it seems like it will be a fun routes.
i plan to do with 2 friends but they bail out after couple months training, so im doing solo for now, will start at the end of april. planning to hit it in 4 days, but passing fuji and hakone on the first day will hit me like a truck, since im a bad climber.

super interested meeting up with people for training and rides around the area.

also if you had any tips and tricks or anything that will help for a newbie rides i will appreciate your input :D

Thanks again, this forum has been a good information source for me so far. Kudos to you guys!

Last edited:
Wow! I wish I were living in Sagamihara. You won't be a bad climber for long if you keep riding out west. The next time I'm planning to ride in that area I'll let you know, but I don't do it all that often because I have to take the train.

Welcome to the forum, Alvin! You've got the best rides right in front of your door. :)

Hey Joe, for sure please hit me up when you plan to climb this area. I read all your blog yesterday, really enjoy it! definitely will need more of your writtings trully fun to read.

Thanks Thomas, yes didnt expect such a beautiful scenery just 1 hour rides away from my house. japan is truly magical for a cyclist.

Hi Alvin,
I live in Hachioji. We should go for some ride together.:tup
Actually I was planning to do the Tokyo-Joetsu Route with 3 other friends during Golden Week but I'm worried they would back out any minute.
I wish I had found this post a little earlier.I always wanted to go to Osaka.
Anyway if you wish we can plan together, never knows what the next day brings us right!

Yoroshiku!

Hi Daniel,
that will be awesome! let me know when you will plan to go for a ride, maybe i can tag along with you.
I just check the routes, that will be awesome rides, all those climbs can be daunting but japanese alps is so pretty so it will worth every second of it.
yea for sure, i did some minor planning nothing set in stone, most probably 6 days ride, with detour to shikoku. I put the the path link below.
definitely can do faster rides....but i wanna enjoy the rides and sighseeing along the coastline rather rush though it.
any tips for touring in general?

hopefully your friends will not back out, and make your golden week trip an awesome ride.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1984364588

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom