1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi there. Christian from Germany, 6 month in Tokyo now and keen on getting out there.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Christianism, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Christianism

Christianism Warming-Up

Hi everyone. My name is Christian, originally from Germany but have lived the last 14 years in Australia where I started to ride back in 2012. Now living in Bunkyo-ku (not too far away from the Arakawa River!). Didn't ride much for the last 10 month but now keen to get on my bike more often.

2. TokyoLiving

TokyoLiving Maximum Pace

Welcome. There are a number of rides and some are posted here. So keep a look out.

Christianism likes this.
  3. Joe McCarthy

Joe McCarthy Cruising

Hi Christian, I'm also living near the Arakawa in Adachi-ku. Check out the thread for morning training rides on the Arakawa. Also message me if you want to meet up for a ride some time. Out of interest, what kind of riding do you like to do?

4. leicaman

leicaman Maximum Pace

Hey Christian
    Welcome. As others have said, check the rides sections for upcoming rides. We are heading out tomorrow morning from the Arakawa. Feel free to join if you wish.

5. Christianism

Christianism Warming-Up

Joe, thanks for your reply. I would like to do training rides in the mornings (1-1.5h) and some longer rides on weekends. Thats what i did back in Melbourne last year (average speed was just under 30kmh, bit hilly) saw a 130+ km ride posted with lots of elevation but will need to do some training before doing something like it.