What's new

IM japan (Phil)

Thanks for the invite Keren,

I can't make it this weekend. This is last week of school and I'm booked in to help people move out and move into new apartments.

Enjoy the swim and let me know how it goes.

I'll still be riding (6am Imperial palace) and swimming at 9am if yourself or anyone is interested.

Paul

If any one of you guys (Philip, Astroman, or fluro2au) want to take me "running" one time, I'll be glad to give it a try! Seriously, no joking, I'd like to try the "running" & "swimming" side of cycling.
T

Hi YG,

I run with Namban Rengo. Here is a link - http://www.namban.org/

The group meets twice a week at Oda Field track near Harajuku on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings at 9:00 in Yoyogi Park. And someone is always organizing runs at other great locations like Ome or Kamakura. This group has really helped to improve my running, I am doing PBs at most races even though I am my mid 40's. Give me a yell if you need more info.

Cheers,

Keren

Hi Travis . . .

If you want a challenging run - and a great experience - why don't you sign up for the Tokyo Marathon - applications are currently being accepted on the web site. The whole day is a real carnival atmosphere and it would be a memorable achievement.

If your thinking of swimming, check this video first . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3S0wu4Zbfk

Cheers,

Philip

I've seen the distances, and speeds that you guys race at,,, and I wonder, how can you say "that was FUN! I had a great time!"?
Masochistic bastards!

I'm an Aussie, so I can swim - I'm no Ian Thorpe though - But I reckon I can hold my own in the water.
The run is where you guys might take me down!
I haven't run since 5th grade.
If any one of you guys (Philip, Astroman, or fluro2au) want to take me "running" one time, I'll be glad to give it a try! Seriously, no joking, I'd like to try the "running" & "swimming" side of cycling.
T

Thanks to both of you, Keren & Philp.
Unfortunately, I never put on the "running shoes" over the weekend, but I DID make it to the pool! I went swimming for the first time in about 11 years!
I really sucked! I swam about 400m all up, and by the time I was finished, I couldn't even remember my name, let alone which side of my face to breathe out of!
And now, my shoulders are as stiff as the soles on my bike-shoes!
>Astroman: What time on Wednesday night? I finish work in Akihabara at 8:30, but if I bike over, I could be in Harajuku by 9:00.
>Philip: I thank you for the invitation to join the Tokyo Marathon, but until I know how I'll fare on two legs (as opposed to two wheels), I can't make any promises!

BUT, Thank you both for the invites.
Travis

If you want a challenging run - and a great experience - why don't you sign up for the Tokyo Marathon - applications are currently being accepted on the web site. The whole day is a real carnival atmosphere and it would be a memorable achievement.

If your thinking of swimming, check this video first . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3S0wu4Zbfk

Cheers,

Philip

>Astroman: What time on Wednesday night? I finish work in Akihabara at 8:30, but if I bike over, I could be in Harajuku by 9:00.

Hi Travis,

You are out of luck with the Wednesday night track session, the track closes at 9:00. Sunday mornings in Yoyogi park might be an option if you are not riding.

I second Phil's tip to do Tokyo Marathon. Even though it was a terrible day, I had a ton of fun and I have already registered again for 2008.

Keren

Back
Top Bottom