What's new

In the news...

Perfect for mashing into the head of the engineer when he accidentally deletes that perfect take :crafty:

If you sing or play an instrument on the side:

http://www.eartrumpetlabs.com/products/microphones/bicycle-gears

gear5-front-314x500.jpg

I wish projects like this would even be considered in Japan...

German "Fahrradschnellwege" (bicycle expressways)

=> http://www.spiegel.de/auto/fahrkult...ll-fahrradschnellwege-ausbauen-a-1141556.html (sorry, German only)

Quick translation:

More funds for "bicycle expressways": the German federal government earmarks another 25m euros for new bicycle lanes, to the delight of "professional commuters".

The federal government intends to expand fast bicycle traffic for professional commuters by establishing additional bicycle expressways. These lanes are a sort of "bicycle autobahn" for those who would like to commute to university or work much faster, completely devoid of traffic lights and crossroads. In order to further promote bicycle commuting, the federal government has increased its annual bicycle-related budget from 60m to a total of 100m euros. On its 200th birthday, the bicycle is experiencing a "veritable boom in Germany", state secretary Norbert Barthle said. "People discover the bicycle as a feasible alternative to traffic jams or overcrowded regional trains."

Fahrradschnellweg:
fahrradschnellweg.jpg

What we recently got here in Japan:
9.jpg
Giant blue arrows...

Yeah I've noticed the new "bike lanes" that, like you said are a few arrows and an occasional bicycle painted on the road. I've yet to see anyone paying any attention to them. (Me included- when on my scooter) but I guess they are better than nothing.

What is the legality surrounding this new road art? Is there any or it's just an advisory painting.

sucks b@lls. these guys race at breakneck speeds every other weekend and they get taken out by a car ;( any news on how it actually happened? did the car go against traffic or did hayden's group go against traffic? hoping for his speedy recovery!

Seems details are still scarce, but the picture shows the skids marks, where the bike was laying snapped in two and obviously the damage to the car.
So high speed is not a doubt. One of the reports I read said he was with a group, but they were spaced out at this point, so he was the only one hit.

He is still in ICU (medically induced coma) and severe brain damage is expected.

Life as he knows it has changed. Wish I knew more, but only piecing together what I have read.

I really hope he fares better than Schumacher, that poor guy never recovered.

Nicky did not survive.
He passed away last night.
My heart is broken for his fiance and family.

Back
Top Bottom