What's new

In the news...

Really not funny, Yeah we get it cyclists look stupid and are laughable. This is just a short step to yelling abuse, throwing water or food at, and /or driving in a deliberately endangering manner because of the dehumanizing of cyclists as people. People that in the popular press are worthy of derision or disdain for no other reason than they happen to be road users that are not in a car.

Really not funny, Yeah we get it cyclists look stupid and are laughable. This is just a short step to yelling abuse, throwing water or food at, and /or driving in a deliberately endangering manner because of the dehumanizing of cyclists as people. People that in the popular press are worthy of derision or disdain for no other reason than they happen to be road users that are not in a car.

I've 'unfriended' a lot of people on FB for making stupid comments about cyclists...

Headlines recently in the Oizumigakuen Gazette...

Local Cycling Identity uses aerosol suncream to spray his face before departure, then spends the 30minutes wondering when this strange unseasonal fog will lift :innocent:

So of course the first thing I did was head to the comments. Actually much better than theusual state of the comments section on that page.

Wow. Bike racks in trains are an amazing thing to have, the trains in the South of Bavaria where I used to live have copious space for bikes, and they were always in demand. Plus, they brought plenty of tourism to the smaller cities where the train would stop — a win-win situation.

Back
Top Bottom