1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted Looking for a Bicycle hard case for transporting

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by sandy, Apr 14, 2017.

1. sandy

sandy Cruising

I am on the lookout for a Hard case for transporting my road bike. Something inexpensive. Would care about the appearance as long as my bicycle is well protected.

Thank you.

2. ProRaceMechanic

ProRaceMechanic Maximum Pace

I have the official TCC hard case, for use to TCC members.
    It's a bit heavy and one of the latches is busted, but it gets the job done. If you want to hold onto it, you have to pay for shipping and be willing to hold it and let other people use it.

Do you plan to stay in Japan?

3. sandy

sandy Cruising

Hi, Could you plz send me some pics of the TCC hard case please? Is it big enough to hold all parts of the standard 26" road bike, after disassembling?

4. Sharkley1981

Sharkley1981 Warming-Up

Hi,

How does this work? Is this a shipping service? or do you essentially purchase a bike box that you can use when you travel?

I am sorry, I cannot read Japanese.

Thank you.

5. theBlob

theBlob Bokeh master
    Post Of The Week

No need to pay 5000y for a cardboard box. Just go down to your local asahi cycles or other big change n shop and ask them for one. In my experience they usually have a pile sitting around and are happy for you to take one.

Sharkley1981 and George5 like this.
  6. ProRaceMechanic

ProRaceMechanic Maximum Pace

It's more than just a carbostd box. It has wooden fork and frame holders to secure the bike with reinforcements and straps built in for the wheels to protect your bike along with carry handles.

I'm not against boxing my own bike either! Done it more times than I can count.

The BTB box is just very convenient. You can get it shipped to your house and it has instructions with photos (does anyone actually read them) included. You can organize pick up times, too.

I would say if you do use it, have someone that can read the details help you or translate the page.

Hope that helps.

I still have the hard case too if anyone wants to use it...

Sharkley1981 likes this.