What's new

My Dream Bike / Bike Frame

ok @Deej and @xDOMx , let me put it this way.

True story, as a kid at school I faced hostility, or tyranny, or bullyling you could call it that from two main sources - some people who maybe just didn't like me, or didn't like that I was different to them. The other was a group of people that maybe did like me, wanted me to be a part of their group but in order to be in the group it was necessary for me to be exactly like them. And I mean, exactly the like them, or at leaast the way they wanted me to be. I didn't relaly go for that and my friends ended up being a small group of people caught in a similar position perhaps, or at least we could respect each other for who we were at the time, now that i think about it.

I mitigated the situation by telling jokes and whatnot to get the rough bullies, older guys, to get off my back so they didn't rail on me quite as hard as they did on some others, and I said and idd just enough to appease the other group so they would also leave me alone basically.

We can't be jumping on each otherr constantly becuase "so and so didn't say things the way I like and so now I'm hurt, I don't like that" and we also can't be mean to people because "your bike is wack and your clothes suck" either.

I understand there's a time and place for everything/being serious - in case you didn't notice I wasn't wading around in the RIP TT thread tryihg to cause trouble even I know not to do that but incase you also didn't notice, it is a "sausage fest" in here (and not a baby weiner party I hope!) so maybe we should start acting like it! I mean that figuratively so don't go all nuts!!

For the record I said it before and I'll keep saying it if I have to - i'm here to have fun - I read this forum a bit a few years ago and I sensed a toxic atmosphere then maybe and I bugged out, straight got the fuck out of here then and whatever happened after taht well, I'm not going to go back for research. I ll take your word for it - but it's important we all understand how to get along. I don't know you well yet but I'm sure I'll find things to liek about everyone here even if we don't "see eye to eye" on everything. But I'l'l say what I think is true, I'll keep doing that. I expect the same from you guys too.

Ok rant:? over. Let's be fweends!!!

Last edited:
Notwithstanding your backstory, no one is asking you to be serious // different to who you really are // deviate from your views. Further, I don't believe that anyone has anything against you (at least not me) and it's great you're starting threads that people are engaging with.

Perhaps, as a courtesy to the others who use this forum, you could just think before you type. That's all. I don't intend to chime in on that side of the conversation any further.

Thanks for the pic @xDOMx. Wish you the best of luck selling it. Looks the biz on the track. I probably won't make the track very much though (maybe on occasion) so I'll need something a little calmer. Am pondering things like belts over chains etc also.

It actually has another two guises - one with riser bars and one with swept back bars and a basket. Certainly not a 'Sunday best' track only bike - this has been used in London and Japan on the streets with riser bars (and now brakes) way more than it has seen any track!

Notwithstanding your backstory, no one is asking you to be serious // different to who you really are // deviate from your views. Further, I don't believe that anyone has anything against you (at least not me) and it's great you're starting threads that people are engaging with.

Perhaps, as a courtesy to the others who use this forum, you could just think before you type. That's all. I don't intend to chime in on that side of the conversation any further.

@xDOMx wooow.

Listen I can deal with you being what seems to me to be a wet blanket - mood killer, You know, we all have our thing and I doubt in your case it's intentional.

But don't come at me sideways like that and do the "no one's telling you to be different / hold different views / be serious" line, you just did right after that with that thinly veiled threat "as a common courtesy think before you type" Or what? (You'll) be offended? You're trying to tell me right there that I need to talk like you, think like you and do like you or you're not gonna be pleased - who or what came down from the heavens and placed you all the way up on that high horse?

Then you pull the I'm going home and I'm taking my ball with me shit with "I don't intend to (comment) and further"

Swat my story to the side like it's nothing then square up like a bitch. Do you realize how offensive that is to me? You know what you get when you get your way? A bunch of people with their hearts laced with fear sitting around saying the same shit and agreeing with each other in silence.

That is some sucka shit right there. I'll throw it right back in your face. You look inside a little before you try and tell me something.

@xDOMx wooow.

Listen I can deal with you being what seems to me to be a wet blanket - mood killer, You know, we all have our thing and I doubt in your case it's intentional.

But don't come at me sideways like that and do the "no one's telling you to be different / hold different views / be serious" line, you just did right after that with that thinly veiled threat "as a common courtesy think before you type" Or what? (You'll) be offended? You're trying to tell me right there that I need to talk like you, think like you and do like you or you're not gonna be pleased - who or what came down from the heavens and placed you all the way up on that high horse?

Then you pull the I'm going home and I'm taking my ball with me shit with "I don't intend to (comment) and further"

Swat my story to the side like it's nothing then square up like a bitch. Do you realize how offensive that is to me? You know what you get when you get your way? A bunch of people with their hearts laced with fear sitting around saying the same shit and agreeing with each other in silence.

That is some sucka shit right there. I'll throw it right back in your face. You look inside a little before you try and tell me something.

If you misunderstood my post, I apologise.

Broken down, what I said was that you shouldn't change what you want to write or think; rather, perhaps, consider others for a second before you type what you're going to type (more giving some thought to how you're saying things, not what you're saying). You are, of course, free to do, think, or say what you like.

What I made was an honest suggestion to you based on what seems to be genuine concerns from other forum users arising from your previous posts. There is no "or what" or "[I'm] not gonna be pleased" -- it was quite literally a friendly recommendation that I thought may benefit other users here and perhaps you. Neither your attitude, nor my frequency of use of this forum, are sufficient to warrant me being offended by what you say (despite you reverting to calling names - something that strikes me as more than slightly ironic given your story of your childhood).

Quite the reason I said I didn't want to comment further was to avoid an utterly pointless exchange. You have your point of view, others have theirs -- it wasn't intended as a "swat to the side", rather an effort to get the thread back on track.

I don't really wish to talk about this within this thread anymore as it doesn't benefit anyone else on this forum. If you'd like to drop me a PM for any other clarification or to discuss further, please feel free.

If you misunderstood my post, I apologise.

Broken down, what I said was that you shouldn't change what you want to write or think; rather, perhaps, consider others for a second before you type what you're going to type (more giving some thought to how you're saying things, not what you're saying). You are, of course, free to do, think, or say what you like.

What I made was an honest suggestion to you based on what seems to be genuine concerns from other forum users arising from your previous posts. There is no "or what" or "[I'm] not gonna be pleased" -- it was quite literally a friendly recommendation that I thought may benefit other users here and perhaps you. Neither your attitude, nor my frequency of use of this forum, are sufficient to warrant me being offended by what you say (despite you reverting to calling names - something that strikes me as more than slightly ironic given your story of your childhood).

Quite the reason I said I didn't want to comment further was to avoid an utterly pointless exchange. You have your point of view, others have theirs -- it wasn't intended as a "swat to the side", rather an effort to get the thread back on track.

I don't really wish to talk about this within this thread anymore as it doesn't benefit anyone else on this forum. If you'd like to drop me a PM for any other clarification or to discuss further, please feel free.

OK! Thank you for the response - I think it's well thought out and I'm glad you've taken the time to respond thoughtfully. Now (I believe) we can move towards a more mutual respect / understanding and we can actually learn / benefit from each other.)

Now I think as you say there's no need to get caught up in the he said she said of it all, we have better things to talk about, we can talk about better things (wow that was corny)

So the terms tossed about previously - sorry not going to directly quote here but "stir up" (with regard to generating interaction / interest between us guys here) or "strong personalities" (with regard to - well in my opinion lol well there it is - but anyways "any opinion / stance differing to (our) own) I thought I'd intentionally step into that role for a second (bad idea usually, I know) just to see what kind of reaction it would provoke. And well, as we all know there's nothing more provocative than name calling really. Well there is but let's not go there. Anyways I'll take back the names, cool?

The point is, we're now taking each other seriously and from this point we can move ahead and develop a better understanding - I of course, taking more cautious (that's not the right word but you know what I mean) sensitivities into account, maybe you guys taking a more neutral perspective on not only my 'stuff' but maybe also the more um, polarizing topics or simple this and that alike. What I'm trying to say is if we work at it some we can meet somewhere in the middle and I'm all for that.

As for your offer of PM, sorry I don't do that - I feel if we've got something to say we should be able to say it in front of anybody - and by we I mean all of us. There was one instance of PM for me that I engaged in briefly but I will not from this point forward - please nobody send me pM. HA! Like there's guys wanting to talk to me all intimate like that!

In the end I'm trying to respect everyone here, respect all discussions we have here, every person I interact with is important and I intend to take everything everyone says seriously, even if it may appear as if I'm taking a flippant (transparently brash??) attitude. So @xDOMx once again, in a more appropriate tone, let's honestly try and be friends!

OK! Thank you for the response - I think it's well thought out and I'm glad you've taken the time to respond thoughtfully. Now (I believe) we can move towards a more mutual respect / understanding and we can actually learn / benefit from each other.)

Now I think as you say there's no need to get caught up in the he said she said of it all, we have better things to talk about, we can talk about better things (wow that was corny)

So the terms tossed about previously - sorry not going to directly quote here but "stir up" (with regard to generating interaction / interest between us guys here) or "strong personalities" (with regard to - well in my opinion lol well there it is - but anyways "any opinion / stance differing to (our) own) I thought I'd intentionally step into that role for a second (bad idea usually, I know) just to see what kind of reaction it would provoke. And well, as we all know there's nothing more provocative than name calling really. Well there is but let's not go there. Anyways I'll take back the names, cool?

The point is, we're now taking each other seriously and from this point we can move ahead and develop a better understanding - I of course, taking more cautious (that's not the right word but you know what I mean) sensitivities into account, maybe you guys taking a more neutral perspective on not only my 'stuff' but maybe also the more um, polarizing topics or simple this and that alike. What I'm trying to say is if we work at it some we can meet somewhere in the middle and I'm all for that.

As for your offer of PM, sorry I don't do that - I feel if we've got something to say we should be able to say it in front of anybody - and by we I mean all of us. There was one instance of PM for me that I engaged in briefly but I will not from this point forward - please nobody send me pM. HA! Like there's guys wanting to talk to me all intimate like that!

In the end I'm trying to respect everyone here, respect all discussions we have here, every person I interact with is important and I intend to take everything everyone says seriously, even if it may appear as if I'm taking a flippant (transparently brash??) attitude. So @xDOMx once again, in a more appropriate tone, let's honestly try and be friends!

All sounds good to me. Glad it's all cleared up.

That's it?? After all that? I thought there's be more of a Karate kid moment. No?

Simpler to get on with things, hey.

After all that, I can say that I have my 'dream bike' (as does Mark, another Field owner, I think), but would always welcome an N+1 (household, space, money, etc. allowing).

Simpler to get on with things, hey.

After all that, I can say that I have my 'dream bike' (as does Mark, another Field owner, I think), but would always welcome an N+1 (household, space, money, etc. allowing).

Alriiiight! I'm literaly smiling at my screen. And why the fuck am I not working now!! lol.

Anyways, yeah n+1 it's unlimited maybe. It's because we're men! (It's true, you know) Well maybe. Maybe not.

OK, here's a question: What's the shittiest bike you'd be caught dead on? (Like take out when everyone's out on their best rides like not as some secret shitty weather training bike etc)

Alriiiight! I'm literaly smiling at my screen. And why the fuck am I not working now!! lol.

Anyways, yeah n+1 it's unlimited maybe. It's because we're men! (It's true, you know) Well maybe. Maybe not.

OK, here's a question: What's the shittiest bike you'd be caught dead on? (Like take out when everyone's out on their best rides)

Not sure if that's a question for me or for the forum hive mind, but I'd ride literally anything (as long as I wasn't holding the group back). Totally not fussy (it's really nice having a custom, but I'm totally cool with riding anything that works and isn't dangerous).

OK, here's a question: What's the shittiest bike you'd be caught dead on? (Like take out when everyone's out on their best rides like not as some secret shitty weather training bike etc)

New thread for his one please. You are hard enough to keep up with when there are separate threads, so starting new questions in the same one may very well make my head implode ;)

Not sure if that's a question for me or for the forum hive mind, but I'd ride literally anything (as long as I wasn't holding the group back). Totally not fussy (it's really nice having a custom, but I'm totally cool with riding anything that works and isn't dangerous).

Hmm you may be a better man than me - I think I couldn't help being a bit self-conscious in those situations - liek it would be different if I weree hamming up my shitty bike, but yeah.. sorry I'll be back gotta go!

edit: didn't have time to finish - it's complicated isn't it -- (speaking for myself) like we all know it isn't good to be judegemental about what people are riding etc but it's weird. Maybe as bicycle people you just get self conscious somehow - I'd never criticize someone's bike whatever but I\d be so self-conscious if it was me at the same time. Hard to explain. Maybe it's some weak thing inside me.

Last edited:
A0697027-9FE4-47DB-BA47-7F3C500DFE35.jpeg
Dom, I've got you a new bike. Can't wait to see you climbing Shiraishi on this bad boy.

My current bike is definitely a dream to ride... De Rosa Idol with DA 9150 Di2 and Fulcrum Racing Zero wheels. Not the lightest of bikes coming in at 7.4kg, but it fits me like a glove and the ever-so-slightly relaxed enduro geometry makes it great for the longer rides.

But, like most people, I've always got my eye on some other girls. Currently lusting after this titanium beauty, but would also settle for a Litespeed T1.

My current bike is definitely a dream to ride... De Rosa Idol with DA 9150 Di2 and Fulcrum Racing Zero wheels. Not the lightest of bikes coming in at 7.4kg, but it fits me like a glove and the ever-so-slightly relaxed enduro geometry makes it great for the longer rides.

But, like most people, I've always got my eye on some other girls. Currently lusting after this titanium beauty, but would also settle for a Litespeed T1.

Hey, nice to meet you? Glad yo're enjoying your bike! 7.4 kg is pretty light I think lol But is that enduro geo on the IDOL?

That WITTSON frame is nice.

edit: Front triangle looks a bit like a MOOTS, I find myself torn on that angle these days (if we're picking at nits that is., Litespeeds are also super nice - rare too

Last edited:
Hey, nice to meet you? Glad yo're enjoying your bike! 7.4 kg is pretty light I think lol But is that enduro geo on the IDOL?

That WITTSON frame is nice.

edit: Front triangle looks a bit like a MOOTS, I find myself torn on that angle these days (if we're picking at nits that is., Litespeeds are also super nice - rare too

The geo is pretty racey, but I wouldn't call it full on race geometry and it's not really endurance geo either. It's kind of a tweener. Perfect for me.

Back
Top Bottom