What's new

Today November 2017 and other stuff

On a good note.... another day another commute.
On a sad note.... another day another suicide. I have friends of friends dropping right and left. And amazingly they all seem to be good hearts with their stuff together. Always putting others first and doing what they can for humanity. Then they don't show up to ride or work and someone has to go and discover the body.

If anyone here has an issue and they need to talk... pm me. Vent, send me your number if you want me to call back, etc...
No judgement and no... I won't say a word to anyone else. Just promise you will continue to seek help after we talk.

Good post @bloaker

On a positive note, I've been finally getting back on my bike again, albeit indoors. I'd been rather tired in the mornings and not able to make that extra push required for quite some time now. I decided to try nights as mostly the kids are staying asleep these days once they are tucked in. Nights got me going but I'm currently doing mornings again. Only been out once but at least when I go out next, I'll know I'm somewhat fit.

Which brings me to a lighter note...

Q: What does cyclist say when he finishes his ride and finds out he has no protein shake?

A: "No Whey!"

Continuing to rain, and looks that way going forward, too. So I set up the trainer--that tire back on, some extra carpet squares under the mat to protect the tatami, and good to go.

Took the "enduro" MTB out for yesterday ride. Of my bikes, a lot of people dig this bike more than the others.... When riding for hours and having to pedal, this is one of my least favorites. When the trail turns downhill, this bike is amazing - any other time it is just "meh"

23754654_10155778070767808_293307312731677933_n.jpg

Maintenance evening on my Ti bike. It turned out more was needed than I thought! Started with a need to adjust my brifter position as the right side was lower than the left. This led me to notice that the rear shift cable was starting to fray just at the entrance to the brifter, so I swapped that, which solved the sluggish shifting I've been noticing of late. Rear 105 brake caliper wasn't putting enough tension on its cable, so cleaned and lubed it and now it's nice and springy. On a whim I checked the drive chain wear and it was due for replacement, so replaced that too. Looking forward to riding to work tomorrow :)

Also discovered that in Strava (My Profile -> Bikes -> Components) I can add these bits and pieces and thus track how long they're lasting. That might prove interesting, if not actually useful.

Maintenance evening on my Ti bike. It turned out more was needed than I thought! Started with a need to adjust my brifter position as the right side was lower than the left. This led me to notice that the rear shift cable was starting to fray just at the entrance to the brifter, so I swapped that, which solved the sluggish shifting I've been noticing of late. Rear 105 brake caliper wasn't putting enough tension on its cable, so cleaned and lubed it and now it's nice and springy. On a whim I checked the drive chain wear and it was due for replacement, so replaced that too. Looking forward to riding to work tomorrow :)

Also discovered that in Strava (My Profile -> Bikes -> Components) I can add these bits and pieces and thus track how long they're lasting. That might prove interesting, if not actually useful.
So how much love have your given you MTB???
Conditions in Miura are almost perfect.... just a couple more weeks....
We can go and crack the rest of your ribs!

So how much love have your given you MTB???
Conditions in Miura are almost perfect.... just a couple more weeks.... We can go and crack the rest of your ribs!
I've been periodically hacking bits off the handlebars - a centimeter at a time. I'd love to get down to Miura again, but your weekend rides start too damn early :-(

We will be doing trail maintenance this Sunday... then a short ride after. Meetup for trail maintenance is 0930 in Hayama.
Done by noon. Then a couple of us are heading over to Madarado Yagura to check out the old 1300s burial site.

That start is 3.5 hours later than normal!

A couple of pics from rides in November before my wheel failure.

Image.jpg Image 1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom